Multiple System Atrophy
Multiple system atrophy (MSA) is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder characterized by a combination of symptoms that affect both the autonomic nervous system and movement.The etiology of MSA is unknown and majority of the cases are sporadic. A distinguishing feature of MSA is the accumulation of alpha-synuclein. These deposits of alpha-synuclein particularly occur in oligodendroglia, a type of cell that makes myelin (a coating on nerve cells that lets them conduct electrical signals rapidly).
Multiple System Atrophy Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
The total number of incident cases of Multiple System Atrophy observed in the 7MM was observed to be 36K in the year 2021.
The market size of Multiple System Atrophy in the 7MM was found to be approximately USD 125 billion in 2022.
Multiple System Atrophy Market Strengths
Increased understanding of neuropathological aspects underlying MSA has strengthened the disease understanding in recent years.
Multiple System Atrophy Market Opportunities
Research studies with effective MoAs to treat MSA neuroprotective confer myriads of great opportunities to the key pharma players.
Multiple System Atrophy Emerging Drugs and Key Players
- Lu AF82422: H Lundbeck A/S
- Ampreloxetine (TD-9855): Theravance Biopharma
- AAV2-GDNF Gene Therapy: Brain Neurotherapy Bio, Inc.
- ION464: Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- ATH434: Alterity Therapeutics