Muscle Spasticity is a condition of abnormal muscle tightness which is caused due to prolonged muscle contraction. It is associated with damage to the brain, spinal cord, or motor nerves and is observed in people specifically dealing with certain neurological conditions, such as Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
It is usually caused by damage or disruption to the brain and spinal cord responsible for controlling muscle and stretch reflexes. The damage may lead to an imbalance in the inhibitory and excitatory signals sent to the muscles, which in return causes them to stay locked in place.
Muscle Spasticity can be potentially dangerous for growing children as it can affect muscles and joints. People with brain injury, spinal cord injury, or cerebral palsy can have varying degrees of spasticity.
Muscle Spasticity Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Muscle Spasticity from 2018 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Cases of Muscle Spasticity
- Total Prevalent Cases of Muscle Spasticity Associated with Common Conditions
- Diagnosed and Treatable Cases of Muscle Spasticity
Epidemiology of Muscle Spasticity observed in 2020
- The total prevalent cases of Muscle Spasticity in 7MM was 4,481.
- The United States constituted the largest prevalent population of Muscle Spasticity.
- Among the EU5 countries, the highest prevalent population of Muscle Spasticity was found in Germany whereas, in Spain, 227 cases were observed.
Muscle Spasticity therapeutic market is expected to experience an upward surge across the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030).
Muscle Spasticity Emerging Drugs
The novel and emerging drugs in the Muscle Spasticity market are
Key Pharma Players Involved in Muscle Spasticity Market
A few of the key pharma players in the Muscle Spasticity market are:
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- Revance Therapeutics