Onychomycosis is a fungal infection of the nail, causing discoloration and thickening of the affected nail plate.
Although it is not life-threatening, fungal nail infections are a significant public health concern because of their high prevalence, inadequate response to therapy, and significant clinical, social, and financial impact.
Onychomycosis was initially thought to be caused by dermatophytes predominantly; however, new research has revealed that mixed infections and those caused by non dermatophyte molds (NDMs) are more prevalent than thought previously, especially in warmer climates.
Onychomycosis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Onychomycosis in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of Onychomycosis
- Prevalent cases of Onychomycosis by subtype
- Prevalence of Onychomycosis by Severity
- The prevalent population of Onychomycosis in the United States in 2017 was 35,829,110.
- Adults and the elderly are more likely to suffer from Onychomycosis when compared to children and adolescents.
The market for Onychomycosis in 7MM in 2017 was USD 3842.6 million.
Onychomycosis Market Drivers
- Clinical advancements
- Encouraging results of emerging therapies
- Wide acceptance of topical therapies
Onychomycosis Market Barriers
- The long duration of treatment
- Discontinuation of drug development
- Issue of underdiagnosis
Onychomycosis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Onychomycosis market are
And many others.
Other Promising Onychomycosis Candidates
The Other Promising Candidates of the Onychomycosis market are
- NP213 (Novexatin)
Onychomycosis Key Players
The key players in the Onychomycosis market are
- Moberg Pharma
- Blueberry Therapeutics
- Mycovia Pharmaceuticals
- Meiji Seika Pharma
And many others.