Onychomycosis is a fungal infection of the nails, causing discoloration and thickening of the affected nail plate.
Although it is not life-threatening, fungal nail infections are a significant public health concern because of their high prevalence, inadequate response to therapy, and essential clinical, social, and financial impact.
Onychomycosis was initially observed to be predominantly caused by dermatophytes. However, new researches have revealed that mixed infections and those caused by non-dermatophyte molds (NDMs) are more prevalent than previously, especially in warmer climates.
Some of the common symptoms of Onychomycosis are thickening of nails, whitish to yellow-brown discoloration of nails, brittle, crumbly, ragged, distorted and smelling slightly foul nails.
Onychomycosis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Onychomycosis in 8MM from 2018 to 2030 is segmented into:-
- Onychomycosis Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Onychomycosis Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Subtypes
- Onychomycosis Diagnosed Prevalent Cases by Severity
- Treated Cases of Onychomycosis
Onychomycosis Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total Onychomycosis prevalent population in G8 was 93,633,252.
- The Onychomycosis diagnosed prevalent cases by severity in the United States included a number of mild cases – 1,813,369, number of moderate cases – 2,621,500, and number of severe cases – 2,135,307.
- The Onychomycosis prevalent population in France - 11,369,288, in Japan - 12,702,363, in Germany - 10,053,740, and in China - 10,802,524.
In 2020, it was observed that the market size of Onychomycosis was expected to reach USD 1278.4 million across the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030).
Onychomycosis Market Drivers
- Clinical advancements
- Encouraging results of emerging therapies
- Wide acceptance of topical therapies
Onychomycosis Market Barriers
- Long duration of treatment
- Discontinuation of drug development
- Issue of underdiagnosis
Onychomycosis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Onychomycosis market are:
- NP213 (Novexatin)
- PD P 506 A
- KP-607 and many more
Onychomycosis Key Players
The key players in the Onychomycosis market are:
- Moberg Pharma
- Blueberry Therapeutics
- Mycovia Pharmaceuticals
- Meiji Seika Pharma
- Kaken Pharmaceuticals and many more