Open-Angle Glaucoma (OAG) is an eye disease, which gradually steals vision. There are usually no early warning signs or painful symptoms of the disease. It develops slowly and sometimes without noticeable sight loss for many years.
The OAG is primarily divided into two subtypes, i.e., Primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and Secondary open-angle glaucoma. POAG is a subset of glaucoma defined by an open, normal-appearing anterior chamber angle and raised intraocular pressure (IOP), with no other underlying disease. There is an identifiable cause of increased eye pressure in secondary open-angle glaucoma, resulting in optic nerve damage and vision loss.
Open-Angle Glaucoma Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Open-Angle Glaucoma in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Population of Glaucoma
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Open-Angle Glaucoma
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Open-Angle Glaucoma in the 7MM in 2017 was 8,823,960
- The prevalent cases of OAG in the United States in 2017 were 2,749,378
The Market Size of Open-Angle Glaucoma in the 7MM in 2017 was USD 3,316.71 million
Open-Angle Glaucoma Market Drivers
- Rich Emerging Pipeline
- Development of Advanced Antiglaucoma Medications
- Patient-Friendly Dosage Regimes
- Rise in Awareness
- Development of Treatment Methods to Tackle the Situation of Non-Adherence
Open-Angle Glaucoma Market Barriers
- Lack of animal models
- Socioeconomic Barriers
- Lack of Patient Pool due to under-diagnosis
The emerging drugs of the Open-Angle Glaucoma market are
- Bimatoprost SR
- NCX 470
And many others.
Open-Angle Glaucoma Key Players
The key players in the Open-Angle Glaucoma market are
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited (SPARC)
- Laboratorios Sophia S.A de C.V.
- Santen Pharmaceutical
- Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical
- Nicox Ophthalmics
- Envisia Therapeutics
- Ocuphire Pharma
- Peregrine Ophthalmic
- Inotek Pharmaceuticals
- Ocular Therapeutix
And many others.