Polycythemia Vera (PV) is a rare condition, which is characterized by the progressively rise in the number of red blood cells in the bloodstream, white blood cells (WBC), and platelets, increasing in the affected people. This condition is called myeloproliferative neoplasms, where the body produces too many of these cells (RBC, WBC, and Platelets).
These new cells cause the blood to be thicker than usual, raising the risk for blood clots, which can stop blood flow in arteries and veins. Most Polycythemia Vera cases are associated with somatic genetic changes, not in the egg and sperm cells, which pass on genetic information to offspring.
Polycythemia Vera Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Polycythemia Vera in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalence of Polycythemia Vera
- Prevalence Population of Polycythemia Vera Based on Symptoms
- Gender-Specific Symptomatic Prevalence of Polycythemia Vera
- Age-Specific Symptomatic Prevalence of Polycythemia Vera
- Prevalence of Polycythemia Vera Based on Risk
- Prevalence of Polycythemia Vera by Gene Mutation
- The total prevalent population of Polycythemia Vera in the 7MM in 2017 was 283,442
- The prevalence of Polycythemia Vera in the United States was 157,290 in 2017
- Males are more affected by Polycythemia Vera as compared to females in 7MM
Market Size of Polycythemia Vera in 7MM in 2017 was USD 951.68 Million
The emerging drugs of the Polycythemia Vera market are
- Imetelstat (GRN163L)
- Bomedemstat (IMG-7289)
And many others.
Polycythemia Vera Key Players
The key players in the Polycythemia Vera market are
- Kartos Therapeutics
- Protagonist Therapeutics
- Geron Corporation
- Imago BioSciences
And many others.