Presbyopia is the gradual loss of near-focusing ability that occurs with age. An irreversible, normal physiologic condition that affects all primates, it impairs the ability to see clearly in the near.
Presbyopia Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Presbyopia in 7MM from 2018 to 2030 is segmented into:-
- Total Prevalent Cases of Presbyopia
- Total Diagnosed Cases of Presbyopia
- Total Age-specific Cases of Presbyopia
- Gender-specific Cases of Presbyopia
- Severity-specific Cases of Presbyopia
- Total Treated Cases of Presbyopia
Presbyopia Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total prevalent cases of Presbyopia in 7MM were found to be 286,994,105.
- The prevalent cases of Presbyopia in the United States were observed to be 117,369,699.
- The prevalent cases of Presbyopia in EU-5 were 134,726,460.
- The prevalent cases of Presbyopia in Japan were observed to be 34,897,947.
- In the7MM, the Gender-specific diagnosed cases of Presbyopia in males were observed to be 98,534,643, whereas, in females, it was observed to be 147,801,964.
The Presbyopia therapeutic market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4% in the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030).
Presbyopia Market Drivers
- Increase in the geriatric population
- Increasing research in pharmaceutical treatment
- Upsurge in the launch of products
Presbyopia Market Barriers
- Rising healthcare costs
- Lack of accessibility of eye care services
- Shortage of trained ophthalmologists
Presbyopia Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Presbyopia market are
- MicroLine (Pilocarpine Ophthalmic)
- PresbiDrops (CSF-1)
- Nyxol (Phentolamine Mesylate)
- UNR844 (Lipoic acid choline ester; formerly known as EV06)
- VTI-001 (Brimochol):
- AGN-241622, and several others
Presbyopia Key Players
The key players working in the Presbyopia market are
- Allergan (acquired by AbbVie)
- Orasis Pharmaceuticals
- Ocuphire Pharma
- Visus Therapeutics, and several others