Psoriasis is a skin disease causing red, itchy, scaly patches on the body, most commonly on the knees, elbows, trunk, and scalp. Psoriasis is a widespread and long-term disease with no permanent cure. It continues to go through cycles, flaring for certain weeks or months, then subsiding for a while or going into remission.
Psoriasis is an immune system problem that causes the skin to regenerate at faster than standard rates. The most commonly occurring Psoriasis is plaque psoriasis, where rapid turnover of cells results in scales and red patches.
Several common symptoms observed during Psoriasis include red patches of skin covered with thick, silvery scales, small scaling spots, dry, cracked skin that may bleed or itch, burning or soreness, thickened, pitted, or ridged nails, swollen and stiff joints.
Characteristic risk factors that can cause Psoriasis are family history of diseased individuals,
smoking, and stress. Diagnostics of Psoriasis can be done by few lab tests, biopsy, and physical examination.
Psoriasis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Psoriasis in 7MM from 2018 to 2030 is segmented into:-
- Psoriasis Prevalence in Pediatrics
- Psoriasis Prevalence in Adults
- Type-specific Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis
- Severity-specific Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis
- Location-specific Prevalent Cases of Psoriasis
Psoriasis Epidemiology observed in 2020
- The total number of Psoriasis prevalent cases in the United States was 8,241,909.
- The total number of mild to moderate Psoriasis cases was 6,593,527, and whereas, for moderate to severe, it was observed to be 1,648,382 cases in the United States.
The psoriasis therapeutic market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 5.6% in the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030).
Psoriasis Market Drivers
- Expected launch of emerging therapies
- Several companies working toward the development of new treatments and devices
Psoriasis Marketed Drugs
The marketed drugs for the treatment of Psoriasis are Humira, Stelara, and others.
Psoriasis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs in the Psoriasis market are Tapinarof (DVMT-505) and others.
Psoriasis Key Players
The key players working in the Psoriasis market are Dermavant Sciences and others.