Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC) is fast-growing lung cancer. It usually starts in the bronchi (center of the chest). Though the cancer cells are small, they grow aggressively and create large tumors. This kind of tumor often metastasizes quickly to other parts of the body.
Several risk factors can lead to SCLC development. The primary risk factor of SCLC is tobacco use; almost all affected individuals smoke or have a history of smoking. In addition to this, the symptoms can vary from one person to another, and there are rarely any symptoms early in the course of the disease.
Small Cell Lung Cancer Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Small Cell Lung Cancer in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Incidence Cases of SCLC
- Gender-specific Incidence of SCLC
- Age-specific Incidence of SCLC
- Stage-Specific (Limited and Extensive) Incidence of SCLC
- Line-wise Treatment of Extensive-Stage SCLC
Small Cell Lung Cancer Epidemiology
- Total incident cases of SCLC in the 7MM in 2017 were 85,540
- Approximately 34% of SCLC cases were observed in 65–74 years.
- Males accounted for 55% of the SCLC cases in the 7MM in 2017
Small Cell Lung Cancer Market Size is growing at a CAGR of 13.2% in the 7MM
Small Cell Lung Cancer Market Drivers
- Approval of Immune-check Point Inhibitors
- Pipeline with Novel Targets
- Continuous Dosing Regimens until Disease Progression
- Increase in the Geriatric Population
Small Cell Lung Cancer Market Barriers
- Competition of Emerging Drugs with Chemotherapeutic Agents
- Lack Of Diagnosis in the Limited Stage
- High Cost of Treatment
Small Cell Lung Cancer Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Small Cell Lung Cancer market are
- Lurbinectedin (PM01183)
- Dinutuximab (Unituxin)
- Irinotecan liposome injection
- Trilaciclib (G1T28)
- Guadecitabine + Carboplatin
- Iclusig (ponatinib)
- Dendritic Cell-based p53 Vaccine + Nivolumab + Ipilimumab
And many others.
Small Cell Lung Cancer Key Players
The key players in the Small Cell Lung Cancer market are
- United Therapeutics
- G1 Therapeutics
- Otsuka Holdings
And many others.