Soft Tissue Sarcoma (STS) are rare neoplasms, which can develop in supporting or connective tissue, like in the muscle, nerves, tendons, blood vessels, and fatty and fibrous tissues. They usually affect the arms, legs, and trunk. They also appear in the stomach and intestines (GIST) as well as behind the abdomen (retroperitoneal sarcomas) and the female reproductive system (gynecological sarcomas).
Soft Tissue Sarcoma signs and symptoms vary greatly from patients to patients based on the type of STS. However, it is not associated with any noticeable symptoms early in the disease, but the affected individuals may notice slow-growing, painless mass in the affected area.
Soft Tissue Sarcoma Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Soft Tissue Sarcoma in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Incident Cases of STS
- Gender-specific Incidence of STS
- Type-specific Incidence of STS
- Age-specific Incidence of STS
- Stage-specific Incidence of STS
- Incidence of STS by Extremities (%)
Soft Tissue Sarcoma Epidemiology
- The total incident population of STS in seven major markets was 40,155 in 2017.
- In European countries, GIST cases are not included in the STS population. Germany had the highest STS incident population with 4,781 cases, followed by Italy, which had an incident population of 4,082 in 2017.
- Most of the STS cases include the male population as compared to the female patient pool.
The Soft Tissue Sarcoma market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.47% during the forecast period (2017-2030).
Soft Tissue Sarcoma Market Drivers
- Competitive Landscape
- Precision Medicine Approach
- Novel Therapies for Subtype of STS
Soft Tissue Sarcoma Market Barriers
- High Cost of Treatment
- Stringent Government Regulations
- High Failure Rate in the Clinical Trials
Soft Tissue Sarcoma Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Soft Tissue Sarcoma market are
- Avapritinib (BLU-285)
- Vigil (In combination with irinotecan and temozolomide)
- Anlotinib (AL3818)
- Aldoxorubicin (INNO-206)
- Ripretinib (DCC-2618)
- Fibromun (In combination with Doxorubicin)
- Hensify (NBTXR3)
And many others.
Soft Tissue Sarcoma Key Players
The key players in the Soft Tissue Sarcoma market are
- Blueprint Medicines Corporation
- Advenchen Laboratories/Jiangsu Chia-Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical
- Karyopharm Therapeutics
- Deciphera Pharmaceuticals
- Arog Pharmaceuticals
- Taiho Pharmaceutical
And many others.