Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) is a devastating event with sudden onset of motor and sensory dysfunction. The damage to autonomic neurons at and below the level of injury results in bowel, bladder, and sexual functional loss.
SCI is classified into two types: Acute spinal cord injury and chronic spinal cord injury. Acute spinal cord injury is a traumatic event, which results in disturbances to normal sensory, motor, or autonomic function and ultimately affects a patient’s physical, psychological, and social well-being. Chronic spinal cord injury refers to a permanent and/or progressive interruption in the conduction of impulses across the neurons and tracts of the spinal cord.
Spinal Cord Injury Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Spinal Cord Injury in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Incident cases of Spinal Cord Injury
- Prevalent cases of Spinal Cord Injury
- Gender-wise Prevalence of Spinal Cord Injury
- Prevalence of Spinal Cord Injury by Causes
- Prevalence of Spinal Cord Injury at Neurological Level
Spinal Cord Injury Epidemiology
- The total prevalent population of Spinal Cord Injury in 7MM was 652,542 in 2017.
- The Spinal Cord Injury prevalence was observed for males to be 229,320 cases, whereas, for females, the number of cases was 64,680 cases in the United States.
The therapeutic market of Spinal Cord Injury in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,282.04 million.
Spinal Cord Injury Market Drivers
- Absence of therapies in the market
- Increase in the affected population
- Poor efficacy and side effects associated with current therapies
Spinal Cord Injury Market Barriers
- Variations in epidemiological data
- Barriers associated with treatment
- Shortcomings associated with trials
Spinal Cord Injury Emerging Drugs
The Emerging Drugs of the Spinal Cord Injury market are
And many others.
Other Promising Spinal Cord Injury Candidates
Spinal Cord Injury Key Players
The key players in the Spinal Cord Injury market are
- Lineage Cell Therapeutics
- Kringle Pharma
- Nipro Corporation
- ReNetX Bio, Inc
And many others.