Thrombocytopenia is a medical condition in which the platelet count in the blood falls (< 150,000/µL of circulating blood) below the normal value. The etiology of thrombocytopenia is vast, as many conditions may lead to lew platelet count in the blood. The most common etiologies are heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenia associated with chronic liver disease, immune thrombocytopenia (ITP), and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP).
Thrombocytopenia Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Cases of Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Total Cases of Immune Thrombocytopenia
- Total Cases of Thrombocytopenia in Chronic Liver Disease
- Total Cases of Chemotherapy-induced Thrombocytopenia
- Total Cases of Thrombocytopenia
- Total Number of Cases of Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia
The total number of incident cases of Thrombocytopenia observed in the 7MM was observed to be 3 million in the year 2021.
The market size of Thrombocytopenia in the 7MM was found to be approximately USD 4,412 million in 2021.
Thrombocytopenia Market Strengths
Emerging therapies with novel mechanisms of action that are targeting the different patient groups of thrombocytopenia and with an improvement of drug delivery mechanisms to increase patient compliance.
Thrombocytopenia Market Opportunities
Currently, no cure is available for congenital thrombocytopenia.
- Rilzabrutinib (PRN-1008): Sanofi/Principia Biopharma
- TAK-755 (BAX930/SHP655): Baxalta/Takeda
- Efgartigimod (ARGX-113): Argenx
- BIVV020: Sanofi
- TAK-079: Millennium Pharmaceuticals/Takeda
- BT-595: Biotest
- SKI-O-703: Genosco (Subsidiary of Oscotec)
- GC5101B (GC5107A, IV-Globulin SN Inj. 10%): GC Pharma, and others