Vasomotor Symptoms are one of the significant symptoms of menopause that principally include hot flashes and night sweats during menopause and occurs in most women across the globe. A woman experiences much heat accompanied by sweating and flushing, especially around the head, neck, chest, and upper back region. VMS results from temperature dysfunction that occurs due to changes in gonadal hormones.
Menopause is characterized by physiologic and psychosocial changes in a woman's life. VMS, and the sleep and mood disturbances that often result from these, can significantly negatively impact the overall quality of life (QOL) for a substantial number of women.
Hot flashes are often described as episodic sensations of heat, intense sweating, and flushing affecting the face and chest, often accompanied by palpitations and anxiety. Each particular episode lasts 3–10 minutes, and episodes can recur with varying frequency. Some women face hot flashes hourly or daily, whereas, for others, they may occur occasionally. The age at onset of hot flashes also varies from woman to woman.
Vasomotor Symptoms Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Vasomotor Symptoms in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Pool of Vasomotor Symptoms
- Severity-specific Prevalent Pool of Vasomotor Symptoms
Vasomotor Symptoms Epidemiology
- The total prevalent population of Vasomotor Symptoms associated with post menopause in 7MM in 2017 was 41,096,968
- The prevalent population of Hot Flashes associated with Post Menopause in the United States in 2017 was 18,926,632
The market size of Hot Flashes associated with Post-Menopause in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,755.8 Million
Vasomotor Symptoms Market Drivers
- Increasing awareness
- Rising emerging therapies
Vasomotor Symptoms Market Barriers
- Generic nature of the market
- Limited understanding of Pathophysiology
Vasomotor Symptoms Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Vasomotor Symptoms market are
- SJX 653
And many others.
Vasomotor Symptoms Key Players
The key players in the Vasomotor Symptoms market are
- Mithra Pharmaceuticals (Donesta Biosciences)
- KaNDy Therapeutics
- Fervent Pharmaceuticals
- Astellas Pharma
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
And many others.