Vasomotor Symptoms Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Vasomotor symptoms (Hot flashes/Night sweats) Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Vasomotor symptoms including Hot flashes or night sweats, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Vasomotor symptoms market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Vasomotor symptoms market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs for Hot flashes/Night sweats and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Vasomotor symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Vasomotor symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030
Vasomotor symptoms (Hot flashes/Night sweats) Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Vasomotor symptoms Overview
Vasomotor symptoms are one of the major symptoms of menopause that principally include hot flashes (HF) and night sweats (NS) and occurs in the majority of women across the globe. A woman with VMS experiences abundant heat accompanied by sweating and flushing, especially around the head, neck, chest, and upper back region. These are the menopausal symptoms for which women seek treatment during menopause most often. VMS results from temperature dysfunction that occurs due to changes in gonadal hormones. Normally, core body temperature (CBT) remains within a specific range, oscillating with daily circadian rhythms.
Menopause is characterized by physiologic and psychosocial changes in a woman's life. VMS, and the sleep and mood disturbances that often result from these, can have a significant negative impact on the overall quality of life (QOL) for a substantial number of women.
The impact of VMS has gained in importance as the lifespan of women has increased throughout the world since women can expect to spend a significant portion of their lives after menopause. Maintenance of functional ability and a good QOL is of utmost importance. Given the prevalence and duration of VMS among midlife women, it is critical to understand the underlying biology of this symptom, the extent to which VMS may impair QOL, and whether VMS may serve as a marker for other important health conditions.
VMS experienced in up to 80% of menopausal women, prevalence depends on region. The vasomotor symptoms may range in severity from discomfort to debilitation, more than half of the women with VMS experience “moderate to severe” symptoms.
Hot flashes, the hallmark symptom of menopause, have been implicated in night sweats, sleep disturbances, cognitive and mood disorders and increase dependence on medications, impairing the quality of life. The average duration of vasomotor symptoms is 7 years and may range in severity from discomfort to debilitation. Increasing stress levels may lead to a hormonal imbalance and early menopause. Changes in dietary habits, stress, and lifestyle globally, changed the demand for menopausal solutions in the market.
Vasomotor symptoms Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the Vasomotor symptoms market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Vasomotor symptoms market report gives a thorough understanding of Vasomotor symptoms by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Vasomotor symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Vasomotor symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Both the US (ACOG) and EU (NICE) guidelines recommend systemic hormone replacement therapy (HRT) as the most effective therapy for VMS related to menopause. These include estradiol, conjugated estrogen, selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), and compounded or synthetic hormones. Non-hormonal agents such as SSRIs are recommended as alternatives for patients with contraindications to HRT.
Vasomotor symptoms Epidemiology
The Vasomotor symptoms epidemiology division provide insights about the historical and current patient pool of Hot flashes/Night sweats and forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The total diagnosed prevalent cases of vasomotor symptoms patients were found to be more in postmenopausal women aged 40-65 years in 7MM during the study period, i.e. 2017-2030. The International Menopause Society (IMS) Council of Affiliated Menopause Societies (CAMS) have collaborated in studies to compare the prevalence of HFs in different climates, continents and at different altitudes.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted vasomotor symptoms epidemiology segmented as the prevalence of Vasomotor symptoms, Prevalent Cases of Hot Flashes associated with Post Menopause, Severity-specific cases of Hot flashes (Mild, Moderate and Severe) in post-menopause and Diagnosed and Treatable Cases of Vasomotor symptoms.
The report includes the prevalent scenario of Vasomotor symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country Wise- Vasomotor symptoms Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Vasomotor symptoms epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
The total prevalent population of Vasomotor Symptoms Associated with post-menopause in 7MM countries was found to be 41,096,968 in 2017.
Vasomotor symptoms Drug Chapters
Vasomotor symptoms drug chapter segment report encloses the detailed analysis of Hot flashes marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Vasomotor symptoms clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
Vasomotor symptoms Marketed Drugs
Bijuva (estradiol and progesterone) is a registered trademark of Therapeutics MD and is a novel combination of 17ß-estradiol and progesterone developed using SYMBODA technology. it is the first and only FDA-approved combination of bio-identical estradiol and bio-identical progesterone in a single daily oral capsule and indicated in a woman with a uterus for the treatment of moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms due to menopause. It was approved in October 2018 and launched in April 2019.
Products detail in the report…
Vasomotor symptoms Emerging Drugs
NT-814: KaNDy Therapeutics
NT-814 is a first in class, orally-administered, potent and selective dual antagonist of both the neurokinin-1 and 3 receptors under development by KaNDy Therapeutics as a therapy for a range of Women’s Health conditions. it addresses VMS by modulating a group of estrogen-sensitive neurons in the hypothalamus in the brain called the kisspeptin-neurokinin B-dynorphin-KNDy neurons. NT-814 has successfully completed Phase IIa and IIb studies demonstrating the potential to reduce the frequency and severity of hot flashes and night sweats (called vasomotor symptoms) of the menopause. Now it is planning to progress to enter Phase III study in this anchor indication.
Products detail in the report…
Vasomotor symptoms Market Outlook
The Vasomotor symptoms market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Vasomotor symptoms market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Vasomotor symptoms market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Vasomotor symptoms market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2017–2030.
The current therapeutic landscape in the 7MM can be divided into two major categories based on the class of drugs such as Hormonal Therapies and Nonhormonal Therapy. Systemic hormone replacement therapy, with estrogen alone or in combination with a progestin, is the most effective therapy for vasomotor symptoms related to menopause.
Hormone therapy (HT) consists of estrogen-only therapy or combined-estrogen-progestogen therapy. The former is the most common form of treatment for menopausal symptoms and effective in relieving vasomotor symptoms. At present, there are almost 100 different combinations of estrogen-only, progestin, and combination hormone therapies available. These can be given orally or transdermally through a patch, spray, or gel. Oral and transdermal estrogens are equally beneficial for the treatment of vasomotor symptoms.
This section includes a glimpse of the Vasomotor symptoms market in 7MM. The market size of Hot Flashes Associated with Post-Menopause in the seven major markets was found to be USD 1,775.80 million in 2017.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Vasomotor symptoms market Size and market Size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the highest market size of Hot Flashes associated with Post menopause in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Vasomotor symptoms market Size and market Size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Owing to the adverse events observed by the use of Hormonal therapy, the patient share is declining over the year. Consequently, the market share is expected to decrease for current Hormonal therapies during the forecast period [2020–2030]
Japan Market Outlook
The total Vasomotor symptoms market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Vasomotor symptoms Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Vasomotor symptoms market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Vasomotor symptoms Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Vasomotor symptoms key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing and patent details for Vasomotor symptoms emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Vasomotor symptoms
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business & price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Vasomotor symptoms (Hot flashes/Night sweats) domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Vasomotor symptoms market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Vasomotor symptoms Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Vasomotor symptoms, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Vasomotor symptoms epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Vasomotor symptoms are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Vasomotor symptoms market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Vasomotor symptoms market
- In the coming years, Vasomotor symptoms market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Vasomotor symptoms (Hot flashes/Night sweats) R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Vasomotor symptoms. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Vasomotor symptoms market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Vasomotor symptoms
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Vasomotor symptoms Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Vasomotor symptoms Pipeline Analysis
- Vasomotor symptoms Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Vasomotor symptoms Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Vasomotor symptoms Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Vasomotor symptoms Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What were the Vasomotor symptoms Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Vasomotor symptoms total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Vasomotor symptoms market Size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Vasomotor symptoms market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Vasomotor symptoms market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Vasomotor symptoms market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Vasomotor symptoms?
- What are the historical Vasomotor symptoms patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Vasomotor symptoms in 7 major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Vasomotor symptoms?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest Prevalent population of Vasomotor symptoms during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Vasomotor symptoms along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Vasomotor symptoms in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Vasomotor symptoms marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Vasomotor symptoms?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Vasomotor symptoms?
- How many emerging therapies are in mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of Vasomotor symptoms?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Vasomotor symptoms therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Vasomotor symptoms and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Vasomotor symptoms?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Vasomotor symptoms?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Vasomotor symptoms market
- To understand the future market competition in the Vasomotor symptoms market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Vasomotor symptoms in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Vasomotor symptoms market
- To understand the future market competition in the Vasomotor symptoms market
What is Vasomotor Symptoms?
Vasomotor Symptoms are one of the main symptoms of menopause that principally include hot flashes and night sweats during menopause and occurs in the majority of women across the globe. A woman with Vasomotor Symptoms experiences abundant heat accompanied by sweating and flushing, especially around head, neck, chest, and upper back region. This results from temperature dysfunction that occurs due to changes in gonadal hormones.
What was the market size of Hot Flashes associated with Post-Menopause in 2017?
The market size of Hot Flashes associated with Post-Menopause in the seven major market was found to be 1,755.8 Million in 2017
What are the Vasomotor Symptoms market drivers?
Increasing population of geriatric women, awareness about women hygiene, changes in dietary habits, stress, and focus on hormonal imbalance among women are the Vasomotor Symptoms market drivers
What are the Vasomotor Symptoms market barriers?
Generic nature of the market and Limited understanding of Pathophysiology are the Vasomotor Symptoms market barriers
Which companies are developing drugs for Vasomotor Symptoms?
KaNDy Therapeutics, Fervent Pharmaceuticals, Astellas Pharma, Sojournix, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma are developing drugs for Vasomotor Symptoms