Glaucoma is a disease that damages the eye’s optic nerve. It usually happens when fluid builds up in the front part of the eye. Glaucoma is mainly of two types, namely Primary open-angle Glaucoma (POAG) and Angle-closure Glaucoma/ Closed-angle Glaucoma/ Narrow-angle Glaucoma. Some of the key Glaucoma symptoms include vision loss, hazy eyes, seeing halos around lights, redness in the eyes, upset stomach or vomiting, and eye pain.
Glaucoma Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM for the Study Period 2018-30
- Total Glaucoma Diagnosed Prevalence
- Type-Specific Glaucoma Diagnosed Prevalent Population
- Gender-Specific Glaucoma Diagnosed Prevalence
- Age-specific Glaucoma Diagnosed Prevalence
- Type-Specific Glaucoma Diagnosed Prevalence of Open-Angle Glaucoma
Glaucoma Epidemiology Insights Observed in 2020
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Glaucoma in 7MM was found to be 10,104,188.
- The diagnosed prevalent cases of Glaucoma in Japan was observed to be 2,886,961.
- The diagnosed prevalent cases of Glaucoma in Germany was estimated to be 1,042,465.
- In the US, the total diagnosed prevalent population of Open-angle Glaucoma was 2,889,337. Similarly, Closed Angle Glaucoma cases were found to be 321,037.
The Glaucoma Market Size in the 7MM was found to be USD 3,796 million in 2020.
Glaucoma Market Drivers
- Rich emerging pipeline
- Development of treatment methods to tackle the situation of non-adherence
- Development of advanced antiglaucoma medications
- Patients-friendly dosage regimes
- Rise in awareness
Glaucoma Market Barriers
- Approaches to clinical practice
- Socioeconomic barriers
- Lack of patient pool due to underdiagnosis
The emerging drugs in the Glaucoma market are
- Brinzolamide Ophthalmic Suspension 1%
- Bamosiran (SYL040012)
- ENV515 (Travoprost XR)
- DE-130A (Catioprost)
- Sepetaprost (DE-126/ONO-9054)
- NCX 470
- Nyxol (Phentolamine Mesylate)
- Ripasudil hydrochloride hydrate/Brimonidine tartrate (K-232), and many more
Glaucoma Market Prominent Players
The key companies in the Glaucoma market are
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited (SPARC)
- Laboratorios Sophia S.A de C.V.
- Perrigo Company
- Envisia Therapeutics
- Peregrine Ophthalmic
- Santen Pharmaceutical
- Santen Inc.
- Ono Pharmaceutical
- Nicox Ophthalmics
- Ocuphire Pharma
- D.Western Therapeutics Institute, Inc., and others