Acute Kidney Injury
Acute Renal Failure (ARF), which is now known as Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) is characterized by azotemia that progresses over several hours or days, with or without oliguria. There are three Acute Kidney Injury stages: prerenal, postrenal, and intrinsic renal. Many people with Acute Kidney Injury are asymptomatic, while others have generalized non-specific symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weakness, dizziness, lower back pain, passing less urine than usual, unexplained loss of appetite, and others.
Acute Kidney Injury Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Incident Patient Population of AKI
- Discharge Diagnosed Cases of AKI
- Stage-wise Discharged Diagnosed cases of AKI
- Risk Factor Associated AKI Cases
- Renal Transplantation Associated Delayed Graft Function Cases
Acute Kidney Injury Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- In 2020, the incident population of Acute Kidney Injury in the 7MM was more than 10 million.
- In the United States, there were more than 1.5 million, 401K, and 245K cases of stage I, stage II, and stage III AKI respectively in 2020.
- In the US, there were 312K, 1 million, and 914K cases, for the age groups 18–59 years, 60–84 years, and 85+ years, respectively in 2020.
- The Acute Kidney Injury market size was found to be USD 5,436 million in the 7MM in 2020.
- Among the 7MM, most of the share in the current market was captured by the United States, which was USD 2,786.7 million, while the second-highest revenue generator was Japan, taking nearly USD 840.4 million in 2020.
- The EU5 captured an Acute Kidney Injury market size of USD 1,809 million in 2020.
Acute Kidney Injury Market Drivers
- Robust Pipeline Activity
- Increased incidence of hospitalization
- Reimbursement policies
Acute Kidney Injury Market Barriers
- Disease burden
- Morbidity/ mortality
- Disease management & treatment
Acute Kidney Injury Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs in the Acute Kidney Injury market are
- Ruconest (Conestat alfa)
- recAP, and several others
Key Acute Kidney Injury Companies
The key companies working in the Acute Kidney Injury market are
- Angion Biomedica
- Vifor Pharma
- Quark Pharmaceutical
- Astellas Pharma
- Pharming Technologies
- Exponential Biotherapies
- AM Pharma, and several others