Age-related Vision Dysfunction
Visual impairment occurs in people as they age. The human body goes through several changes, the normal functioning of the eye tissues gets hampered, leading to vision loss.
Age-related Vision Dysfunction Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Prevalent Cases of Age-related Vision Dysfunction
- Total Diagnosed Cases of Age-related Vision Dysfunction
- Severity-specific Cases of Age-related Vision Dysfunction
- Total Treated Cases of Age-related Vision Dysfunction
Age-related Vision Dysfunction Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total Age-related Vision Dysfunction diagnosed cases were observed to be 314,247,019 in the 7MM.
- The total treated cases of Age-related Vision Dysfunction in the 7MM were found to be 214,314,274.
- The total number of Age-related Vision Dysfunction prevalent cases in the United States were observed to be 159,952,427 whereas in the EU5 countries they were found to be 168,408,889.
- The total number of prevalent cases of Age-related Vision Dysfunction in Japan were estimated to be 45,945,123.
- The total Age-related Vision Dysfunction prevalent cases ranging between moderate to severe were found to be 20,260,442 in the UK, which was the highest among the severity-specific prevalent cases.
The Age-related Vision Dysfunction market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during the study period (2018-30).
Age-related Vision Dysfunction Market Drivers
- Increasing changes in lifestyle and ageing
- Increasing prevalence of diabetes (diabetic macular edema and retinopathy)
- Entry of emerging therapies and label expansion
- Innovation in technology and treatment options
Age-related Vision Dysfunction Market Barriers
- Expected entry of biosimilars of anti-VEGF class
- Shortage of trained ophthalmologists
- Exorbitant cost of current therapies
- Increased number of failed clinical trials
The emerging drugs in Age-related Vision Dysfunction market are
- MicroLine/Pilocarpine Ophthalmic
- Zimura/ Avacincaptad pegol
- STN1013001/DE-130A/Catioprost and latanoprost emulsion
- NCX 470
- OTX-TP/Travoprost ophthalmic insert
- Emixustat hydrochloride
- Nyxol/Phentolamine Mesylate
- STN1012600/DE-126, and several others
Age-related Vision Dysfunction Key Companies
The key companies working in the Age-related Vision Dysfunction market are
- Orasis Pharmaceuticals
- IVERIC Bio
- Outlook Therapeutics
- Kodiak Sciences
- Alkeus Pharmaceuticals
- Santen SAS
- Nicox Ophthalmics
- Ocular Therapeutix
- Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited
- Chengdu Kanghong Pharmaceuticals
- Gyroscope Therapeutics
- Adverum Biotechnologies
- Kubota Vision
- KalVista Pharmaceuticals
- Allergo Opthalmics and Baush Health
- Graybug Vision
- Aerpio Pharmaceuticals
- Ocuphire Pharma
- Santen Pharmaceutical