Contact Dermatitis (CD) is a type of eczema triggered by contact with a particular substance in the environment that the person is allergic to; it may react by causing the skin to itch and become red.
There are two most common types of CD, namely, Irritant Contact Dermatitis (ICD) and Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD). ICD is more common (80%) and can occur in anyone, especially after repeated exposure. ACD, on the other hand, is seen in genetically predisposed and previously sensitized individuals who react to even low concentrations of the agent. Cosmetics, medicines, clothes dyes, and foods, rubber, and poison ivy, are common causes of ACD.
Contact Dermatitis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Contact Dermatitis in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Contact Dermatitis
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Contact Dermatitis Based on Clinical and Biological Evolution
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Contact Dermatitis
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Contact Dermatitis
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Contact Dermatitis
Contact Dermatitis Epidemiology
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Contact Dermatitis in 7 MM was 43,359,201 in 2017.
- The diagnosed prevalence of Contact Dermatitis in the United States was 13,786,942 in 2017.
- The number of cases of Contact Dermatitis in Males was 4,825,430, and for Females, it was 8,961,513 cases in the United States in 2017.
The market size of Contact Dermatitis in 7MM was USD 7,831 Million in 2017.
Contact Dermatitis Market Drivers
- Futuristic Market Opportunity for Key Players
- Potential Emerging Treatment Option (EB01)
- High Potential of Market Growth due to Large Target Patient Pool
- Low Cost of Treatment
Contact Dermatitis Market Barriers
- Inadequate Reimbursement Scenario
- Barriers to Patch Testing
- Lack of Significant Disease Management
- The Dominance of off-label Therapies
- Lack of Treatment Pattern Studies
- Access to palliative care
Contact Dermatitis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Contact Dermatitis market are
- EB01 Cream
And many others.
Contact Dermatitis Key Players
The key players in the Contact Dermatitis market are
- Edesa Biotech
- Hapten Sciences
And many others.