Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) is the most common type of non-ischemic heart muscle disease. It affects the lower chamber of the ventricle and the upper chamber of the atria of the heart.
Usually, the disease starts in the left ventricle, and the heart muscle begins to dilate, which means that it stretches and becomes thinner. As a result, the inside of the chamber grows. The issue often spreads to the right ventricle and then to the atria. As the heart chambers dilate, the heart muscle does not contract normally and cannot pump blood very well as the heart becomes weaker, which in some situations leads to heart failure.
Generally, Dilated Cardiomyopathy risk factors of DCM are related to family history, coronary heart disease, heart attack, high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid disease, viral hepatitis, HIV, infections, etc. DCM can be classified as Idiopathic cardiomyopathy (most cases), Peripartum cardiomyopathy, Diabetic cardiomyopathy, Alcoholic cardiomyopathy, Ischemic Dilated Cardiomyopathy (without known coronary artery disease), and Familial dilated cardiomyopathy.
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Dilated Cardiomyopathy in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Cases of Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Total Treated Cases of Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Familial and non-familial cases of Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Gender-specific cases of Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Epidemiology
- Total Prevalent cases of Dilated Cardiomyopathy in 7MM in 2020 were 2,523,808
- Gender-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of Dilated Cardiomyopathy in 7MM in 2020 were observed to be 602,428 for males, whereas, for females, it was observed to be 258,183 cases.
The market size of Dilated Cardiomyopathy is growing at a CAGR of 13.1%
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Market Drivers
- Increasing prevalence rate
- Increased healthcare spending
- Emerging treatment options
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Market Barriers
- Lack of Effective Therapeutics
- Availability of Implantable Devices
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Dilated Cardiomyopathy market are
And many others.
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Key Players
The key players in the Dilated Cardiomyopathy market are
- Berlin Cures GmbH
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals
- Capricor Therapeutics
And many others.