Interstitial Cystitis (IC), also known as Painful Bladder Syndrome, is a chronic condition causing bladder pressure, bladder pain, and sometimes pelvic pain. It is a chronic condition that causes painful urinary symptoms. According to the Interstitial Cystitis Association, currently, there are two recognized subtypes of Interstitial cystitis: Nonulcerative and Ulcerative.
The symptoms include pain in the pelvis or between the vagina and anus in women, and between the scrotum and anus in men (perineum), along with chronic pelvic pain, a persistent, urgent need to urinate, frequent urination—often of small amounts—throughout the day and night, pain or discomfort while the bladder fills, and relief after urinating.
Interstitial Cystitis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Interstitial Cystitis in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Population of Interstitial Cystitis
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Interstitial Cystitis
- Gender-specific Prevalent Population of Interstitial Cystitis
- Severity-based Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Interstitial Cystitis
- Type-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Interstitial Cystitis
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Interstitial Cystitis
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of Interstitial Cystitis in the 7 MM in 2017 was 2,264,118
- The diagnosed prevalent cases of Interstitial Cystitis patients in the United States in 2017 was 1,459,502
The market size of Interstitial Cystitis in the 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,599 Million
Interstitial Cystitis Market Drivers
- FDA approved Oral medication
- Increasing emerging therapies
- Increasing awareness
Interstitial Cystitis Market Barriers
- Lack of Consensus Definition
- Intermittent Pipeline Activity
- Absence of Validated Biomarkers
The emerging drugs of the Interstitial Cystitis market are
- Certolizumab pegol (Cimzia)
And many others.
Interstitial Cystitis Key Players
The key players in the Interstitial Cystitis market are
- Kyorin Pharmaceutical
- UCB Pharma
- Lipella Pharmaceuticals
- Astellas Pharma
- Seikagaku Corporation
And many others.
Map the recent updates on the Interstitial Cystitis treatment market through our latest blog