Treatment-resistant depression is a major depressive disorder (MDD) that doesn't respond to traditional and first-line therapeutic options. MDD is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Depression lasting a minimum of 2 weeks besides meeting about five or more of the DSM-V criteria (of MDD) is considered as MDD. Further, those with a minimum of one episode within the prior 12 months are classified as 12-month MDD.
Treatment-Resistant Depression Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Treatment-Resistant Depression in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Gender-Specific Cases of Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of Treatment-Resistant Depression
Treatment-Resistant Depression Epidemiology
- The total prevalent population of Treatment-Resistant Depression in 7MM in 2018 was 4,464,781
- The total number of TRD prevalent cases in the United States was found to be 3,083,238.
- Germany had 233,432 Treatment-Resistant Depression cases.
- The total number of TRD cases in the United Kingdom was estimated to be 570,56.
- The total Treatment-Resistant Depression prevalent cases in Italy were 45,641.
- In Japan, the total number of TRD prevalent cases was observed to be 256,492.
The therapeutic market size of Treatment-Resistant Depression in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,736.4 million.
Treatment-Resistant Depression Market Drivers
- Retainment of current management strategies
- Refined clinical trial design
- Development of pioneering therapies
Treatment-Resistant Depression Market Barriers
- Economic Burden
- Variable treatment response
- Commercial challenges
Treatment-Resistant Depression Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the TRD market are:
- ALKS 5461
- Esketamine DPI
- Psilocybin (COMP360)
and many others.
Treatment-Resistant Depression Key Players
The key players in the TRD market are:
- Allergan/Gedeon Richter’s
- ACADIA Pharmaceuticals
- Axsome Therapeutics
- Johnson and Johnson/Minerva Neurosciences
- Celon Pharma
- Relmada Therapeutics
- VistaGen Therapeutics
- COMPASS Pathways
and many others.