Anaplastic Astrocytoma Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Anaplastic Astrocytoma - Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 15+ companies and 15+ pipeline drugs in Anaplastic Astrocytoma pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
Anaplastic Astrocytoma Understanding
Anaplastic Astrocytoma: Overview
Anaplastic Astrocytoma is a rare malignant brain tumor. Astrocytomas are tumors that develop from certain star-shaped brain cells called astrocytes. Astrocytes and similar cells form tissue that surrounds and protects other nerve cells found within the brain and spinal cord. Collectively, these cells are known as glial cells and the tissue they form is known as glial tissue. Tumors that arise from glial tissue, including astrocytomas, are collectively referred to as gliomas. The symptoms of Anaplastic Astrocytomas vary depending upon the specific location and size of the tumor. The specific cause of this tumor is unknown. The symptoms of Anaplastic Astrocytoma vary depending upon the exact location and size of the tumor. Most symptoms result from increased pressure within the brain. An Anaplastic Astrocytoma usually develops slowly over time, but may develop rapidly. The exact cause of Anaplastic Astrocytomas is unknown. Researchers speculate that genetic and immunologic abnormalities, environmental factors (e.g., exposure to ultraviolet rays, certain chemicals, ionizing radiation), diet, stress, and/or other factors may play contributing roles in causing specific types of cancer. Investigators are conducting ongoing basic research to learn more about the many factors that may result in cancer.
"Anaplastic Astrocytoma - Pipeline Insight, 2023" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Anaplastic Astrocytoma pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Anaplastic Astrocytoma treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Anaplastic Astrocytoma commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Anaplastic Astrocytoma collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis contributing to the development of novel therapeutics for Anaplastic Astrocytoma.
- In the coming years, the Anaplastic Astrocytoma market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics that are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Anaplastic Astrocytoma R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed portfolio of major pharma players who are involved in fueling the Anaplastic Astrocytoma treatment market. Several potential therapies for Anaplastic Astrocytoma are under investigation. With the expected launch of these emerging therapies, it is expected that there will be a significant impact on the Anaplastic Astrocytoma market size in the coming years.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets (in early-stage, mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of Anaplastic Astrocytoma) includes therapeutic assessment and comparative analysis. This will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Anaplastic Astrocytoma Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Anaplastic Astrocytoma report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Anaplastic Astrocytoma Emerging Drugs
Eflornithine: Orbus Therapeutics
Eflornithine, also known as α-diflurormethylornithine (DFMO), selectively targets and irreversibly inhibits ornithine decarboxylase (ODC), an enzyme essential for polyamine synthesis, and DNA and RNA function. Unlike multi-targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitors on the market or in development, eflornithine targets only one specific enzyme, ODC. In animal studies, eflornithine has been shown to inhibit the growth of malignant tumors, including intra cerebral mid- and high-grade gliomas. Eflornithine administration has also been shown to potentiate the anti-tumor activity of other chemotherapy agents. In single-arm and controlled, randomized clinical trials, eflornithine oral solution increased survival in patients with both newly diagnosed and recurrent anaplastic glioma. The primary and reversible side effects of eflornithine were diarrhea and hearing impairment.
Zotiraciclib: Cothera Bioscience
Zotiraciclib is a potent oral spectrum selective kinase inhibitor for the treatment of cancer. It was discovered in Singapore by S*BIO Pte Ltd and falls under the category of small molecule macrocycles. It crosses the blood brain barrier and acts by depleting Myc through the inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinase 9. In October 2021, Cothera Bioscience Inc. and Adastra Pharmaceuticals Inc., announced a definitive agreement under which Cothera has acquired zotiraciclib (ZTR).
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Anaplastic Astrocytoma: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Anaplastic Astrocytoma drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Anaplastic Astrocytoma
There are approx. 15+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Anaplastic Astrocytoma. The companies which have their Anaplastic Astrocytoma drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Orbus Therapeutics.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 15+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
Route of Administration
Anaplastic Astrocytoma pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Intravenous/ Subcutaneous
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Antisense oligonucleotides
- Monoclonal antibody
- Recombinant protein
- Small molecule
- Stem Cell
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Anaplastic Astrocytoma: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Anaplastic Astrocytoma therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Anaplastic Astrocytoma drugs.
Anaplastic Astrocytoma Report Insights
- Anaplastic Astrocytoma Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Anaplastic Astrocytoma Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Anaplastic Astrocytoma drugs?
- How many Anaplastic Astrocytoma drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Anaplastic Astrocytoma?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Anaplastic Astrocytoma therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Anaplastic Astrocytoma and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?