Axial Spondyloarthritis Axspa Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Axial Spondyloarthritis – Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 30+ companies and 30+ pipeline drugs in Axial Spondyloarthritis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Axial Spondyloarthritis Understanding
Axial Spondyloarthritis: Overview
Axial Spondyloarthritis (Axial SpA) is a chronic, immune-mediated inflammatory condition characterised by inflammation of the sacroiliac joints (sacroiliitis), inflammation of the spine or both resulting in chronic back pain, fatigue and significantly reduced function and quality of life. It is an umbrella term for the types of inflammatory arthritis that primarily affect the spine and the sacroiliac (SI) joints that connect the lower spine to the pelvis. Axial SpA may be categorized as either radiographic axial spondyloarthritis (r-axSpA) (also known as Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) and non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis (nr-axSpA) depending on the presence of radiographic sacroiliitis.
The primary symptom of Axial Spondyloarthritis (Axial SpA) is back pain that occurs because of chronic inflammation in the joints of spine. Other symptoms of Axial Spondyloarthritis include:
- nocturnal waking caused by pain
- morning stiffness
- fatigue and functional disability
- Inflammation of the eye (uveitis)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Axial SpA is often mis-diagnosed or not diagnosed for several years after a patient first experiences symptoms. Early diagnosis is essential for optimal patient care. A diagnosis of Axial Spondyloarthritis is done thorough a combination of patient history, physical examination, and blood tests (both for HLA-B27 and for markers of inflammation, such as C-reactive protein), and imaging tests, such as X-ray and MRI.
Treatment for Axial Spondyloarthritis includes, NSAIDs, Biologics that are either tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitor or an anti-IL-17 agent, Sulfasalazine, Analgesics, and Glucocorticoids (corticosteroids). Some of the approved biologics and their biosimilars are adalimumab (Humira), certolizumab pegol (Cimzia), etanercept (Enbrel), golimumab (Simponi), infliximab (Remicade) and secukinumab (Cosentyx). Physiotherapy as a treatment for axial SpA aims to maintain or improve function.
Axial Spondyloarthritis Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Axial Spondyloarthritis report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase III, II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Axial Spondyloarthritis Emerging Drugs
- Namilumab: Izana Bioscience Ltd.
Namilumab is a human monoclonal antibody targeting granulocyte macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF). It is under Phase 2 development for the treatment of Axial Spondyloarthritis. Takeda has granted Izana a licence to develop, manufacture and commercialise Namilumab worldwide and for any indication, further to its right to sublicense under its licence agreement with Amgen.
Bimekizumab is an investigational humanized monoclonal IgG1 antibody that selectively inhibits both IL-17A and IL-17F, two key cytokines driving inflammatory processes. Selective inhibition of IL-17F in addition to IL-17A suppresses inflammation to a greater extent. Bimekizumab is under Phase 3 development for the treatment of Axial Spondyloarthritis.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Axial Spondyloarthritis: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Axial Spondyloarthritis drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Axial Spondyloarthritis
There are approx. 30+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Axial Spondyloarthritis. The companies which have their Axial Spondyloarthritis drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, UCB.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 30+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Axial Spondyloarthritis pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Small molecule
- Gene therapy
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Axial Spondyloarthritis: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Axial Spondyloarthritis therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Axial Spondyloarthritis drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Axial Spondyloarthritis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Axial Spondyloarthritis.
Axial Spondyloarthritis Report Insights
- Axial Spondyloarthritis Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
- Axial Spondyloarthritis Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Axial Spondyloarthritis drugs?
- How many Axial Spondyloarthritis drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Axial Spondyloarthritis?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Axial Spondyloarthritis therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Axial Spondyloarthritis and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Izana Bioscience
- Kyowa Kirin Co. Ltd.
- Luye Pharma Group
- Gilead Sciences
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Akeso Biopharma
- Nimbus Therapeutics
- Eisai Inc.
- Roivant Sciences
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.
- Secukinumab biosimilar
- NDI 031232
- QX002N Qyuns Therapeutics