Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia - Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 12+ companies and 12+ pipeline drugs in Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Understanding
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia: Overview
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) is a chronic respiratory disease that most often occurs in low-weight or premature infants who have received supplemental oxygen or have spent long periods of time on a breathing machine (mechanical ventilation), such as infants who have acute respiratory distress syndrome. BPD can also occur in older infants who experience abnormal lung development or some infants that have had an infection before birth (antenatal infection) or placental abnormalities (such as preeclampsia). Antenatal steroid treatment prior to preterm birth and early treatment with surfactant have reduced the need for high levels of respiratory support after birth. Some infants who develop BPD have a condition called respiratory distress syndrome (RSD), which is a breathing disorder that affects some premature infants immediately after birth. It is characterized by rapid, shallow breathing and leads to the need for oxygen and respiratory support in the first days of life. BPD is caused by damage to the delicate tissue of the lungs. This damage is most often occurs in infants who have required extended treatment with supplemental oxygen or breathing assistance with a machine (mechanical ventilation) such as infants who are born prematurely and have acute respiratory distress syndrome.
"Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia - Pipeline Insight, 2023" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis contributing to the development of novel therapeutics for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia.
- In the coming years, the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics that are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed portfolio of major pharma players who are involved in fueling the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia treatment market. Several potential therapies for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia are under investigation. With the expected launch of these emerging therapies, it is expected that there will be a significant impact on the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia market size in the coming years.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets (in early-stage, mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia) includes therapeutic assessment and comparative analysis. This will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Emerging Drugs
PNEUMOSTEM: MEDIPOST Co., Ltd.
PNEUMOSTEM® an allogeneic umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cell product, is currently under development for the preventive treatment of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) in premature infants. Currently, Phase 2 clinical trial is ongoing in Korea and PNEUMOSTEM® has been Orphan Drug designated by US FDA and EMA. Recently, US FDA granted a Fast Track Designation for PNEUMOSTEM®.
AT-100 is a novel recombinant human protein rhSP-D, an engineered version of an endogenous protein that reduces inflammation and infection in the body while modulating the immune response to break the cycle of injury and inflammation. Airway is focused on advancing AT-100 for the prevention of BPD in very preterm born babies and as a therapeutic for seriously ill COVID-19 patients. AT-100’s anti-inflammatory and anti-infective properties also make it a potential treatment for other respiratory diseases such as influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and inflammatory diseases outside the lung. The FDA and European Medicines Agency have granted AT-100 Orphan Drug Designation.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
There are approx. 12+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. The companies which have their Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, AstraZeneca.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 12+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
Route of Administration
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Intravenous/ Subcutaneous
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Antisense oligonucleotides
- Monoclonal antibody
- Recombinant protein
- Small molecule
- Stem Cell
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses key players involved in developing key drugs in the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Market.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia drugs.
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Report Insights
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia drugs?
- How many Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?