Bullous Pemphigoid Market
DelveInsight's "Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the BP, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the BP market trends in the United States, the EU4 and the UK and Japan.
The BP market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, BP market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted BP market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current BP treatment practice/algorithm, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the market's underlying potential.
- The United States
- EU4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, and France)
Study Period: 2019-2032
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
The DelveInsight’s BP market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease. BP is a rare skin condition that mainly affects older people. It usually starts with an itchy, raised rash. As the condition develops, large blisters can form on the skin. It is characterized by a poor prognosis due to its high mortality rate and the tendency to relapse. The relapse rate of BP ranges from 27.87% to 53% after disease remission, while the majority of relapses occur early (within 6 months) during remission. Treatment usually helps heal the blisters and ease any itching.
Pruritus is the first symptom of bullous pemphigoid. Skin lesions may not develop for several years. Often, characteristic tense bullae develop on the skin of the trunk and in the flexural and intertriginous areas. Bullae may develop on normal-appearing skin or may be preceded by erythematous or urticarial-appearing plaques. The localized disease may occur at trauma sites, stomas, and anogenital and lower leg areas.
The diagnosis of BP is based on a combination of clinical features, positive direct immunofluorescence (IF) microscopy of perilesional skin, and the detection of specific circulating IgG anti-basement membrane autoantibodies by either indirect IF microscopy studies or by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). In the majority of cases, the latter tests are sufficient for a correct diagnosis.
The therapeutic options for BP are divided into anti-inflammatory drugs, immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory drugs, and procedures to remove circulating pathogenic antibodies or inflammatory mediators. The choice of treatment depends on the individual patient’s circumstances, especially the severity of the BP and the presence of comorbidities.
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Epidemiology
The BP epidemiology division provides insights about historical and current BP patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides a historical as well as forecasted BP epidemiology scenario in the 7MM covering the United States, the EU4 and the UK, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
In 2021, the total diagnosed prevalent cases of BP were approximately 132,200 cases in the 7MM which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted BP epidemiology [segmented as Diagnosed prevalent cases of BP, Gender-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of BP, Age-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of BP, Severity-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of BP, and Total treated cases of BP] in the 7MM covering the United States, the EU4 and the UK, and Japan from 2019 to 2032
Country Wise- Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the BP epidemiology data and findings across the United States, the EU4, the UK, and Japan.
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the BP report encloses the detailed analysis of BP marketed drugs and late-stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the BP clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
The report provides the details of the emerging therapies under the late and mid-stage of development for BP treatment.
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Market Outlook
BP market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted BP market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the BP market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the BP market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019–2032.
The BP market size in the 7MM is expected to change during the study period 2019–2032. The therapeutic market of BP in the seven major markets is expected to increase during the study period (2019–2032). In 2021, the total market size of BP was USD 171.25 million which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
The United States Market Outlook
The total market size of BP in the United States accounted for USD 55.08 million in 2021 which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
The EU4 Countries and the UK: Market Outlook
In the EU4 and the UK, the total market size of BP was USD 107 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Japan Market Outlook
In Japan, the total market size of BP was USD 8.86 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the BP market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019-2032. The analysis covers BP market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, and reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in the Phase II, and Phase III stages. It also analyses BP key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers detailed information on collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for BP emerging therapies.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs ' opinions working in the BP domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies and treatment patterns or BP market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatments by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitively and Market Intelligence analysis of the BP Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of BP explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the BP epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for BP are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the BP market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global BP market.
- In the coming years, the BP market is set to change due to the upcoming therapies with the novel route of administrations which are under investigation and ongoing research in the BP; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence BP R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for BP. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the BP market.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for BP.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- BP Pipeline Analysis
- BP Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- BP Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Bullous Pemphigoid (BP) Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- What was the BP drug class share (%) distribution in 2019 and how it would look like in 2032?
- What would be the BP total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest BP market size during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR, the BP market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the BP market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the BP market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2032?
- How would the unmet needs affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and regional/ethnic differences of BP?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiology trend for seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- What is the historical BP patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of BP in seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- Where will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about BP?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of BP during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for BP treatment in addition to the approved therapies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of BP in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the BP marketed drugs and their respective MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of BP?
- How many therapies are in-development by each company for BP treatment?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for BP treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry - Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the BP therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies being developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for BP and their status?
- What are the current challenges faced in drug development?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Bullous Pemphigoid?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of BP?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the BP market
- To understand the future market competition in the BP market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for BP in the US, EU4 and the UK, and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the BP market
- To understand the future market competition in the BP market