DelveInsight’s ‘Candidemia – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the Candidemia, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Candidemia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Candidemia symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Candidemia symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Candidemia Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Candida is the fourth most common cause of nosocomial bloodstream infections (BSI), being Candida albicans the most common species. Candida albicans is the most common cause of candidemia, representing 35% to 60% of isolates. Candida parapsilosis, Candida tropicalis, Candida glabrata, and Candida krusei, are the most common non-albicans Candida species identified in cultures. The incidence of Candida bloodstream infection is bimodal, with the elderly and very young having the highest risk of any population suffering from this disease. Clinical manifestations of candidemia are nonspecific.
It presents like any other bloodstream infection with a clinical spectrum that goes from chills, shivering, and fever to severe sepsis and septic shock with signs of end-organ damage. Physical findings can vary from a normal exam to findings specific to localized deep-seated tissue infections, for example, endophthalmitis skin lesions, candiduria, and central nervous system findings.
However, several unmet needs of patients need to be addressed. It is essential that to provide holistic care to patients, novel diagnostic tools, and therapies that address the underlying cause of the disease need to be developed. Several challenges do exist like the rarity of the disease, lack of effectiveness of current therapies, and resistance of current candida species.
Candidemia Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the Candidemia market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Candidemia market report gives a thorough understanding of Candidemia symptoms by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Candidemia symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Candidemia symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Prompt and accurate diagnosis of invasive fungal infection is crucial so that appropriate antifungal agents can be started rapidly. However, early diagnosis is not always easy. Candidemia is diagnosed by taking a blood sample and finding Candida in blood. In many cases, the species found in Candida albicans, however, other species of Candida, such as Candida tropicalis, C. glabrata, and C. parapsilosis can be found in your blood. Candida parapsilosis is most commonly found in children. The diagnosis can also be made by detecting antigens of Candida in the bloodstream.
Because Candidemia can cause a serious, life-threatening illness, treatment is usually begun when an infection is suspected. Treatment includes finding the source of the infection and if possible, removing it (for example the central venous catheter) and beginning treatment with medication. Several medications can be used to treat Candida infections. The medications include fluconazole, amphotericin B, a drug from the echinocandin group (such as anidulafungin, caspofungin, or micafungin), or voriconazole.
The Candidemia symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
- The diagnosed incident cases of Candidemia is increasing by 7MM during the study period, i.e., 2017–2030.
- The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Candidemia symptoms epidemiology segmented as the Total Incident cases of Candidemia, Gender-specific cases of Candidemia, Age-specific cases of Candidemia, Total patients receiving antifungal treatment targeting Candida. The report includes the incident scenario of Candidemia symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country-wise Candidemia Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Candidemia epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total incident cases of Candidemia associated in 7MM countries was 40,655 in 2017.
Candidemia Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Candidemia report encloses the detailed analysis of Candidemia early-stage (Phase-II, III) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Candidemia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Candidemia Emerging Drug
Fosmanogepix: Amplyx Pharmaceuticals
Fosmanogepix (APX001) is a prodrug that is metabolized into its active form manogepix (MGX, formerly APX001A), also known as E1210. It targets the fungal-specific enzyme Gwt1, responsible for an early step in glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchor biosynthesis. This agent has demonstrated potency against multiple yeasts, molds, and endemic mycoses.
Rezafungin: Cidara Therapeutics
Rezafungin, also known as CD101 is a novel, once-weekly antifungal being developed for the treatment and prevention of serious fungal infections. Rezafungin is a member of the echinocandin class of drugs. Echinocandins are considered the safest antifungal drugs available and are suggested by the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) as first-line treatment for fungal infections.
Products detail in the report…
Candidemia Market Outlook
The Candidemia market outlook of the report helps build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Candidemia market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers, and barriers and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Candidemia market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Candidemia market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2017–2030.
The treatments used to manage Candida infections vary substantially and are based on the anatomic location of the infection, the patients’ underlying disease and immune status, the patients’ risk factors for infection, the specific species of Candida responsible for the infection, and, in some cases, the susceptibility of the Candida species to specific antifungal drugs. The armamentarium of drugs for candidiasis treatment currently comprises three major drug classes: polyenes, azoles, and echinocandins. Also, flucytosine, a pyrimidine analog, have specific roles as an adjunct in the treatment of central nervous system candidiasis and Candida endocarditis.
This section includes a glimpse of the Candidemia market in 7MM. The market size of Candidemia in the seven major markets was USD 2,263.1 million in 2017.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Candidemia market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of Candidemia in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Candidemia market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Candidemia market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Candidemia Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Candidemia market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Candidemia Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase II and III stages. It also analyses Candidemia's key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Amplyx Pharmaceuticals, Cidara Therapeutics, and Scynexis.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Candidemia emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Candidemia
Approaching reimbursement, proactively, can have a positive impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
According to Arnold et al. (2010), 167 consecutive adult patients admitted between January 2004 and May 2006 with culture-confirmed Candida bloodstream infections that occurred within 14 days of hospital admission received at least one dose of antifungal treatment. Patients were stratified according to the appropriateness of antifungal therapy. Appropriate therapy was defined as the initiation of an antifungal to which the isolated pathogen was sensitive in vitro within 24 h of positive culture collection, in addition to receipt of an adequate dose as recommended by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the antifungal package insert. Post-culture length of stay was the primary outcome, and hospital costs the secondary outcome. An evaluation of modifiable risk factors was performed separately. Data were analyzed for 167 patients (22 in the appropriate therapy group and 145 in the inappropriate therapy group). Post-culture length of stay was shorter in the appropriate therapy group (mean 7 vs. 10.4 days, p = 0.037). This correlated with total hospital costs that were lower in the appropriate therapy group (mean $15,832 vs. $33,021, p < 0.001.) A graded increase in costs was noted with an increasing number of modifiable risk factors (p = 0.001).
In summary, an antifungal switch to second-line agents for any reason was the only modifiable factor that increased attributable costs for treating candidemia and hospital LOS in the present study. Also, the treatment failure of first-line antifungal agents was an independent risk factor for mortality. Treatment with fluconazole and amphotericin B did not differ in terms of mortality and total costs. The data show that the selection of appropriate first-line antifungal agents is important for the reduction of medical costs and to improve outcomes
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in the Candidemia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or the Candidemia market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Candidemia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Candidemia, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Candidemia epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Candidemia is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Candidemia market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Candidemia market
- In the coming years, the Candidemia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and the Favorable Environment for New Anti-infective Modalities; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Candidemia R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Candidemia. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Candidemia market
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Candidemia Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Candidemia Pipeline Analysis
- Candidemia Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Candidemia Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Candidemia Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Candidemia Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What were the Candidemia Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Candidemia total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Candidemia market Size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Candidemia market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Candidemia market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Candidemia market growth until 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burdens, and unmet needs of the Candidemia?
- What is the historical Candidemia patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Candidemia in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Candidemia?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest incident population of Candidemia during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Candidemia along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Candidemia in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Candidemia marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Candidemia?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Candidemia?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of Candidemia?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Candidemia therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Candidemia and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Candidemia?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Candidemia?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Candidemia market
- To understand the future market competition in the Candidemia market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Candidemia in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Candidemia market
- To understand the future market competition in the Candidemia market