Chronic Pancreatitis Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Chronic Pancreatitis – Pipeline Insight, 2020,” report provides comprehensive insights about 5+ companies and 5+ pipeline drugs in Chronic Pancreatitis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Chronic Pancreatitis Understanding
Chronic Pancreatitis: Overview
Chronic pancreatitis is an irreversible and progressive disorder of the pancreas characterized by inflammation, fibrosis, and scarring. Exocrine and endocrine functions are lost, often leading to chronic pain. The etiology is multifactorial, although alcoholism is the most significant risk factor in adults. The average age at diagnosis is 35 to 55 years. Chronic pancreatitis is a permanent, progressive destruction of pancreatic tissue and function. Clinical manifestations include disabling abdominal pain, steatorrhea, and diabetes mellitus.
Early symptoms of chronic pancreatitis are similar to acute pancreatitis. Symptoms are occasional and include:
- Pain in the upper belly that spreads into the back
- Pain in the belly that gets worse when person drinks alcohol
- Diarrhea or oily stools
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe belly (abdominal) pain that may be constant or that comes back
- Weight loss
If chronic pancreatitis is suspected, contrast-enhanced computed tomography is the best imaging modality for diagnosis. Computed tomography may be inconclusive in early stages of the disease, so other modalities such as magnetic resonance imaging, magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography, or endoscopic ultrasonography with or without biopsy may be used.
Recommended lifestyle modifications include cessation of alcohol and tobacco use and eating small, frequent, low-fat meals. Although narcotics and antidepressants provide the most pain relief, one-half of patients eventually require surgery. Therapeutic endoscopy is indicated to treat symptomatic strictures, stones, and pseudocysts. Decompressive surgical procedures, such as lateral pancreaticojejunostomy, are indicated for large duct disease (pancreatic ductal dilation of 7 mm or more). Resection procedures, such as the Whipple procedure, are indicated for small duct disease or pancreatic head enlargement.
Chronic Pancreatitis Emerging Drugs
- NI-03: Kangen Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Kangen Pharmaceuticals is conducting a phase 1, single dose PK and safety study with NI-03 followed by a phase 2, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group dose-ranging study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of NI-03 when compared to placebo in subjects with Chronic Pancreatitis. The primary objective of the Single-Dose Phase is to assess the pharmacokinetics (PK) and safety of single doses of NI-03 when administered at doses of 100 mg, 200 mg or 300 mg to subjects with chronic pancreatitis. The primary objective of the Double-Blind Phase of the study is to determine the efficacy, PK and safety of three doses of NI-03 (100 mg, 200 mg and 300 mg) as compared to placebo when administered three times daily (TID) for 28 consecutive days in subjects with chronic pancreatitis.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Chronic Pancreatitis: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Chronic Pancreatitis drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Chronic Pancreatitis
There are approx. 5+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Chronic Pancreatitis. The companies which have their Chronic Pancreatitis drug candidates in the early stage i.e. phase I include, Kangen Pharmaceuticals etc.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 5+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Mid-stage products (Phase II and Phase I/II)
- Early-stage products (Phase I/II and Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Chronic Pancreatitis pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Small molecules
- Proteins and peptides
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Chronic Pancreatitis: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Chronic Pancreatitis therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Chronic Pancreatitis drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Chronic Pancreatitis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Chronic Pancreatitis
- August 2020: CT Pharmaceutical Solutions to add chronic pancreatitis condition to medical marijuana program
Individuals suffering from chronic pancreatitis may soon be able to access Connecticut's medical marijuana program. The program’s board of physicians, which is charged with advising the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) on potential additions of debilitating conditions, last week in a virtual meeting recommended that chronic pancreatitis be added to the program for adults, and for patients under 18 “whose pain is recalcitrant to standard medical management.”
Chronic Pancreatitis Report Insights
- Chronic Pancreatitis Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Chronic Pancreatitis Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Chronic Pancreatitis drugs?
- How many Chronic Pancreatitis drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Chronic Pancreatitis therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Chronic Pancreatitis and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Kangen Pharmaceuticals
- ChiRhoClin, Inc.
- Forest Laboratories
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals
- Dompé Farmaceutici S.p.A
- DevCo Pharmaceuticals
- Repligen Corporation
- Human Secretin