Frontotemporal Dementia Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Frontotemporal Dementia—Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Frontotemporal Dementia, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Frontotemporal Dementia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Frontotemporal Dementia symptoms market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Frontotemporal Dementia symptoms, treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Frontotemporal Dementia Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Frontotemporal Dementia Overview
Frontotemporal Dementia is a term used to describe a group of neurocognitive disorders that encompass progressive dysfunction in executive functioning, behavior, and language. It is considered the third most common form of dementia following Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and dementia with Lewy bodies. As the name suggests, it is a cluster of syndromes that result from degeneration of the frontal and temporal lobes and is subdivided into two categories that are unique in respect to their predominating presentations; namely, the behavioral subtype that accounts for about half of FTD cases, and the language subtype.
Frontotemporal Dementia Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnoses available in the Frontotemporal Dementia market to treat the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Frontotemporal Dementia market report thoroughly understands Frontotemporal Dementia symptoms by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Frontotemporal Dementia treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Frontotemporal Dementia symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
FTD treatment strategies generally rely on the off-label use of medications for symptomatic management, and most therapies lack quality evidence from randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. For behavioral symptoms, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors may be effective. At the same time, case reports hint at possible efficacy with antipsychotics or anti-epileptics, but the use of these latter agents is limited due to concerns regarding side effects. There are no effective therapies for cognitive complaints in FTD, which frequently involve executive function, memory, and language.
Frontotemporal Dementia Epidemiology
The Frontotemporal Dementia symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends and assumptions.
The total incident cases of Frontotemporal Dementia is increasing in 7MM during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Frontotemporal Dementia symptoms epidemiology segmented as the Diagnosed Prevalent cases of FTD, Prevalent cases of FTD by type, Subtype-specific Cases of Primary Progressive Aphasia, and Mutations associated with FTD. The report includes the incident scenario of Frontotemporal Dementia symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
Country-wise Frontotemporal Dementia Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Frontotemporal Dementia epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total number of incident cases of Frontotemporal Dementia associated in 7MM countries was 50,100 in 2020.
Frontotemporal Dementia Drug Chapters
The Frontotemporal Dementia report’s drug chapter segment encloses the detailed analysis of Frontotemporal Dementia early-stage (Phase I, II, and III) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Frontotemporal Dementia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Frontotemporal Dementia Emerging Drug
TRx0237: TauRx Therapeutics Ltd.
TRx0237 (LMTX) is a second-generation tau protein aggregation inhibitor to treat Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and frontotemporal dementia. It prevents tau aggregation or dissolves existing aggregates to interfere with downstream pathological consequences of aberrant tau in tauopathies, including Alzheimer’s, and other neurodegenerative diseases. Tau pathology is widely considered to be downstream of Aβ pathology and is more closely linked to cognitive deficits in Alzheimer’s disease.
AL001 is Alector’s wholly-owned human monoclonal antibody designed to modulate progranulin, a regulator of immune activity in the brain with genetic links to multiple neurodegenerative disorders, including FTD, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. It aims to increase the level of progranulin in humans by inhibiting a progranulin degradation mechanism.
AL001 is a human anti-SORT1 monoclonal antibody in development for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia patients carrying a heterozygous loss-of-function mutation in granulin (FTD-GRN) that leads to a >50% reduction of progranulin (PGRN) levels and causes FTD with a probability of >90%. AL001 binds to SORT1, a receptor that binds PGRN and targets it for lysosomal degradation.
Products detail in the report…
Frontotemporal Dementia Market Outlook
The report’s Frontotemporal Dementia market outlook helps build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Frontotemporal Dementia market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Frontotemporal Dementia market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to view the market at first sight clearly.
According to DelveInsight, the Frontotemporal Dementia market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2018–2030.
The management of problematic behaviors in FTD with mainly sparse case reports and case series detailing their effectiveness lacks the study quality. Nevertheless, before resorting to pharmacological therapies, nonpharmacological strategies are considered the preferred intervention, which may exacerbate medical comorbidities and affect more elderly patients. The main purpose of nonpharmacological interventions is to prevent disruptive behaviors, provide symptom relief, and lessen caregiver distress.
This section includes a glimpse of the Frontotemporal Dementia market in 7MM.
Frontotemporal Dementia market size in the seven major markets was USD 133.8 million in 2020.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Frontotemporal Dementia market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of Frontotemporal Dementia in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Frontotemporal Dementia market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Frontotemporal Dementia market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Frontotemporal Dementia Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers the Frontotemporal Dementia market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which will again be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and making financial and regulatory decisions.
Frontotemporal Dementia Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase I, II, and III stages. It also analyses Frontotemporal Dementia key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Alector, Axon Neuroscience, TauRX Therapeutics, and others.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Frontotemporal Dementia emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Frontotemporal Dementia
Approaching reimbursement proactively can positively impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
The high treatment costs, including chemo and other therapies, affect patients’ affordability and access to these treatment options. Reimbursement is a crucial factor that affects the drug’s access to the market. Often, the decision to reimburse comes down to the drug price relative to the benefit it produces in treated patients.
The disease advocacy groups working in the area of FTD helps patients with medical billing, insurance coverage, and reimbursement issues. Also, financial assistance is available from both governments and pharmaceutical companies to help people who cannot afford the cost of their medications.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs’ opinions working in the Frontotemporal Dementia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Frontotemporal Dementia market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Frontotemporal Dementia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Frontotemporal Dementia, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Frontotemporal Dementia epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Frontotemporal Dementia is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will impact the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Frontotemporal Dementia market, historical and forecasted, is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Frontotemporal Dementia market.
- In the coming years, the Frontotemporal Dementia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and the Favorable Environment for New Anti-infective Modalities, which would expand the market’s size to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Frontotemporal Dementia R&D. The therapies under development focus on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Frontotemporal Dementia. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Frontotemporal Dementia market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase I, II, and III), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, and launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Frontotemporal Dementia Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Frontotemporal Dementia Pipeline Analysis
- Frontotemporal Dementia Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Frontotemporal Dementia Report Key Strengths
- 10 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Frontotemporal Dementia Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Frontotemporal Dementia Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Frontotemporal Dementia Market share (%) distribution in 2018, and how would it look like in 2030?
- What would be the Frontotemporal Dementia total market size and market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM, and which country will have the largest Frontotemporal Dementia market Size during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Frontotemporal Dementia market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Frontotemporal Dementia market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Frontotemporal Dementia market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of Frontotemporal Dementia?
- What is the historical Frontotemporal Dementia patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Frontotemporal Dementia in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Frontotemporal Dementia?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest incident population of Frontotemporal Dementia during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR is the population expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for treating Frontotemporal Dementia along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for treating Frontotemporal Dementia in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Frontotemporal Dementia marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development to treat Frontotemporal Dementia?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to Frontotemporal Dementia therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Frontotemporal Dementia and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Frontotemporal Dementia?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Frontotemporal Dementia?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Frontotemporal Dementia market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Frontotemporal Dementia market and an Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Frontotemporal Dementia in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Identifying strong upcoming players in the market will help devise strategies that will help get ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Frontotemporal Dementia market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Frontotemporal Dementia market.