Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Invasive Pneumococcal Disease—Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market report provides current treatment practices, emerging Vaccines, and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Invasive Pneumococcal Disease symptoms market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Invasive Pneumococcal Disease symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Overview
According to European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), pneumococcal diseases are symptomatic infections caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae (S. pneumoniae), commonly referred to as pneumococci. The term Invasive Pneumococcal Disease is used for more severe and invasive pneumococcal infections, such as bacteremia, sepsis, meningitis, and osteomyelitis.
Transmission occurs through respiratory droplets from people with pneumococcal disease or healthy carriers. If the infected person coughs or sneezes close to others, the infection may spread. Following the acquisition, the bacterium becomes established in the nasopharynx of the host with asymptomatic colonization. It may then spread to other parts of the body, where it causes disease.
The major clinical syndromes of IPD are pneumonia, septicemia, and meningitis. Symptoms of pneumonia include fever, chills, coughing, rapid or difficult breathing, chest pain, rigors, tachycardia, rusty-colored sputum, cough productive of mucopurulent, dyspnea, tachypnea, hypoxia, or, in older patients, confusion or low alertness.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnoses available in the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market to treat the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market report thoroughly understands Invasive Pneumococcal Disease symptoms by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Invasive Pneumococcal Disease treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Invasive Pneumococcal Disease symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Treatment includes antibiotic therapy for symptomatic patients. Symptomatic treatment for patients in most geographies is by “Infectious Disease – Clinical Practice Guidelines,” prescribed by respective health organizations like CDC(US), NICE(UK), ECDPC(EU), etc.,
Despite pneumococcal vaccination, case fatality rates for patients hospitalized with invasive pneumococcal disease have remained at around 12% since the 1950s. Even when effective antibiotic therapy is administered, mortality can be high amongst immunocompetent patients in intensive care. Timely and accurate diagnosis of pneumococcal disease and identifying patients at high risk of poor outcomes is essential to ensure that adequate treatment, including hospitalization when necessary, is implemented as early as possible. Improved diagnostic techniques and more efficacious treatments may help reduce the burden of pneumococcal disease, but preventive measures, such as influenza and pneumococcal vaccination, should be promoted to avoid preventable disease, particularly in the elderly.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Epidemiology
The Invasive Pneumococcal Disease symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends and assumptions.
The total incident cases of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease is increasing in 7MM during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Invasive Pneumococcal Disease symptoms epidemiology segmented as the Incidence of IPD, Age-specific Cases of IPD, Incidence by Clinical Presentation and Vaccination coverage. The report includes the incident scenario of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
Country-wise Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total number of incident cases of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease associated in 7MM countries was 55,105 in 2020.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Vaccine Chapters
The Invasive Pneumococcal Disease report’s Vaccine chapter segment encloses the detailed analysis of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease early-stage (Phase I, II, and III) pipeline vaccines. It also helps understand the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included vaccine, and the latest news and press releases.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Emerging Vaccine
V114: Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp
V114 is a 15-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in Phase III development to prevent pneumococcal disease in adults and children. V114 consists of pneumococcal polysaccharides from 15 serotypes conjugated to a CRM197 carrier protein and includes serotypes 22F and 33F. These serotypes are commonly associated with Invasive Pneumococcal Disease worldwide and are not contained in the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine currently licensed for use in children and adults.
The V114 Phase III, clinical development program, is comprised of 16 trials investigating the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of V114 in a variety of populations who are at increased risk for pneumococcal disease, including healthy older adults and children, as well as people who are immunocompromised or have certain chronic medical conditions.
Products detail in the report…
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Market Outlook
The report’s Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market outlook helps build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market trend of each marketed vaccine and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to view the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2018–2030.
Treatments include antimicrobial therapy for infected patients (therapeutic), for at-risk patients (prophylactic), and vaccine administration to prevent IPD. The immediate aim of symptomatic treatment in IPD is to control the spread of bacterial infection. The current treatment for IPD involves extensive use of antibiotics and is based on several factors such as susceptibility of the micro-organism, the severity of infection/disease, patient age and comorbidities, recent antibiotic use, and local resistance patterns. The major antibiotics used include penicillin, amoxicillin, cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, erythromycin, etc. In severe cases that are nonresponding to first- and second-line therapies, vancomycin is used. In many cases, a combination of these antibiotics is used. However, the burden of disease in the broader population is to be addressed by using vaccines.
This section includes a glimpse of the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market in 7MM.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market size in the seven major markets was USD 6,561.9 million in 2020.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Vaccines Uptake
This section focuses on the uptake of the potential vaccines recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market uptake by vaccines, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each vaccine.
This helps understand the vaccines with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new vaccines, and the comparison of the Vaccines based on market share and size, which will again be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase I, II, and III stages. It also analyses Invasive Pneumococcal Disease key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Merck and others.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Invasive Pneumococcal Disease emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Invasive Pneumococcal Disease
Approaching reimbursement proactively can positively impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
The high treatment costs affect patients’ affordability and access to these treatment options. Reimbursement is a crucial factor that affects the vaccine’s access to the market. Often, the decision to reimburse comes down to the vaccine price relative to the benefit it produces in treated patients.
The disease advocacy groups working in the area of IPD helps patients with medical billing, insurance coverage, and reimbursement issues. Also, financial assistance is available from both governments and pharmaceutical companies to help people who cannot afford the cost of their medications.
Prevnar 13 is a vaccine indicated for active immunization to prevent pneumococcal pneumonia and invasive disease caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F in adults aged ≥50. The indication is based on immune responses. In children 6 weeks to 17 years for invasive disease caused by the 13 serotypes, and for children six weeks to five years of age for otitis media caused by seven of the 13 serotypes only (4, 6B, 9V, 14, 18C, 19F, and 23F).
Original Medicare Part B covers the total cost of Prevnar 13, provided that a doctor recommends the vaccination. Individuals do not pay a copayment or coinsurance as long as they use a Medicare-approved provider, and the only cost is the Part B monthly premium. In 2021, the standard premium is USD 148.50 million. In addition, Part B covers the pneumonia vaccine Pneumovax 23, seasonal flu shots, and hepatitis B shots for those at high risk.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs’ opinions working in the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Invasive Pneumococcal Disease is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will impact the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market, historical and forecasted, is included in the report, covering Vaccine outreach in the 7MM.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market.
- In the coming years, the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and the Favorable Environment for New Anti-infective Modalities, which would expand the market’s size to enable the Vaccine manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Invasive Pneumococcal Disease R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Invasive Pneumococcal Disease. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase I, II, and III), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, and launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Pipeline Analysis
- Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Report Key Strengths
- 10 years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Vaccines Uptake
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Market share (%) distribution in 2018, and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease total market size and market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM, and which country will have the largest Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market Size during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease?
- What is the historical Invasive Pneumococcal Disease patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Invasive Pneumococcal Disease?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest incident population of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR is the population expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Vaccines, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for treating Invasive Pneumococcal Disease in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease marketed Vaccines and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development to treat Invasive Pneumococcal Disease?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to Invasive Pneumococcal Disease therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Invasive Pneumococcal Disease and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Invasive Pneumococcal Disease?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market and an Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Invasive Pneumococcal Disease in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Identifying strong upcoming players in the market will help devise strategies that will help get ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Invasive Pneumococcal Disease market.