"DelveInsight's "Myocarditis Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Myocarditis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Myocarditis market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Myocarditis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Myocarditis market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Myocarditis market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Myocarditis treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030
Myocarditis Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Myocarditis is a disease that causes inflammation of the myocardium. This inflammation enlarges and weakens the heart, creates scar tissue, and forces it to work harder to circulate blood and oxygen throughout the body. It is a condition that can have a vast clinical spectrum ranging from asymptomatic forms to fatal disease, but mostly it is present as new-onset heart failure with reduced left ventricular ejection fraction, with or without the viral syndrome. Myocarditis is an important cause of sudden cardiac death in young patients.
“Myocarditis” usually refers to “acute myocarditis” that must be considered in patients who present the recent onset of cardiac failure or arrhythmia. Often there is a history of an antecedent flu-like illness. Fulminant myocarditis is a distinct entity characterized by sudden onset of severe congestive heart failure or cardiogenic shock, usually following a flu-like illness.
Diagnosis and treatment of myocarditis can be challenging. A critical and integrated evaluation of clinical and instrumental noninvasive investigations (clinical history, echocardiography, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging) is fundamental for identifying cases of suspected myocarditis. However, the definite diagnosis of myocarditis is provided by histologic and immunohistochemical analysis of myocardial tissue samples obtained with an endomyocardial biopsy. Endomyocardial biopsy and cardiac magnetic resonance are the diagnostic modalities with the highest diagnostic yield.
Management is primarily supportive but also includes treating any identifiable cause. Depending on the etiology, treatment may be antiviral or immunosuppressive. Patients with heart failure should receive standard treatment, including beta-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor blockers, and diuretics if needed. Immunosuppressive therapy has not shown clinical benefit, and therefore, it should not be used routinely except in patients with underlying systemic autoimmune or granulomatous inflammatory diseases. Symptomatic patients present with new-onset heart failure, malignant arrhythmias, conduction abnormalities, and sometimes hemodynamic instability require mechanical circulatory support. Although infrequent, such cases should be promptly recognized and aggressively treated.
Myocarditis Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies, and diagnosis available in the Myocarditis market to treat the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Myocarditis market report gives a thorough understanding of Myocarditis by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Myocarditis in the US, Europe, and Japan.
The Persistent Myocarditis epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends and assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Myocarditis epidemiology segmented as the Total Incident Cases of Myocarditis, Gender-specific Cases of Myocarditis. The report includes the Incident scenario of Myocarditis in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country Wise- Myocarditis Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Myocarditis epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total Incident population of Myocarditis associated in 7MM countries estimated to be was 171,415 in 2017.
Myocarditis Drug Chapters
The Myocarditis report's drug chapter segment encloses the detailed analysis of myocarditis marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Myocarditis clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
Treatment of myocarditis includes general nonspecific measures to treat heart disease sequel, including heart failure (HF) therapy and treatment of arrhythmias according to current guidelines and scientific statements. Mechanical circulatory support and transplantation may remain a potential last resort for refractory heart failure patients despite optimum medical therapy.
Products detail in the report…
Myocarditis Emerging Drugs
CardiolRx-100 is an ultra-pure, pharmaceutical cannabidiol formulation for medical purposes being developed by Cardiol therapeutics. According to the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), it is manufactured under the most stringent quality standards. It is free from the psychotropic effects of THC, and who should not be exposed to THC. THC free (<5 ppm) is ideal for patients that are produced using controlled processes in a cGMP. The cGMP facility was inspected and approved by Health Canada and registered with the FDA as a pharmaceutical facility.
Based on the large body of experimental evidence of the anti-inflammatory activity of CBD in models of cardiovascular disease, Cardiol believes there is a significant opportunity to develop CardiolRx-100 as a potential breakthrough therapy for acute myocarditis that would be eligible for designation as an orphan drug. The company plans to commercialize CardiolRx in the market for medicinal cannabinoids in Canada and is pursuing distribution opportunities in Europe and Latin America. Cardiol Therapeutics is also developing proprietary nanotechnology to uniquely deliver pharmaceutical cannabidiol and other anti-inflammatory drugs directly to inflammation sites in the heart associated with heart failure.
The company is planning to initiate a phase I study designed to measure pharmacokinetics of CardiolRx-100 in the second half of 2020. The study will also measure standard safety parameters at escalating doses to help select the optimal dosing levels for the planned international Phase II international trial in acute myocarditis latter half of 2020.
Products detail in the report…
Myocarditis Market Outlook
The Myocarditis market outlook of the report helps build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Myocarditis market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Myocarditis market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Myocarditis market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2017–2030.
Ongoing research efforts in this area that may lead to novel treatment strategies directed toward pathway-specific targets including identifying genomic profiles that affect individual susceptibility to myocarditis or predict the likelihood of recovery.
This section includes a glimpse of the Myocarditis market in 7MM. Myocarditis's market size in the seven major markets was USD 1,037.9 million in 2017.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Myocarditis market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for Myocarditis's highest market size compared to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
Treatment of myocarditis remains largely supportive, and treating the symptoms affecting the heart often involves treatment for heart failure; depending on these symptoms, patients with heart failure should receive standard treatment including angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE) or angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs), diuretics, and the introduction of β-blockers such as bisoprolol, metoprolol succinate, or carvedilol once they are clinically stable. Digoxin should be used with caution and only in low doses in patients with viral myocarditis.
Although viral etiology is the most commonly identified cause, antiviral therapy's efficacy is unknown, and routine antiviral therapy is not recommended. Non-steroid anti-inflammatory agents should be avoided in the acute setting as they may impair the myocardium's healing.
ACE inhibitors relax and open up blood vessels, making pumping blood easier and straining the heart. They can control blood pressure and prevent the worsening of heart failure symptoms. ARBs are similar to ACE inhibitors; these relax the blood vessels and lower blood pressure. They may be used when ACE inhibitors are not suitable due to side effects.
Anticoagulants may be used to prevent blood clots. This may be used in people with atrial fibrillation is the uneven flow of blood through the heart, which could cause clot formation.
Immunosuppressive therapy can be beneficial in patients with giant-cell myocarditis and sarcoidosis; however, its role in chronic, virus-negative myocarditis—although promising—requires further elucidation. The use of immunomodulatory and antiviral therapy remains investigational, mainly at this time. Large, randomized, controlled trials are needed to determine their role in the treatment of inflammatory heart.
Despite these treatment options, Myocarditis treatment is still problematic and may depend on etiologic diagnosis to distinguish infectious from the immune-mediated disease. Both pathogenic mechanisms may co-occur in individual patients
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Myocarditis market size and market size by therapies in EU-5 are also mentioned.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Myocarditis market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Myocarditis Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Myocarditis market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Myocarditis Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II and Phase III stage. It also analyses Myocarditis key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Cardiol Therapeutics, Apitope, and Cantargia is expected to be launched in the US market by 20XX.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing, patent details and other information for Myocarditis emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Myocarditis
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In a report, we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in Myocarditis domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Myocarditis market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Myocarditis Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Myocarditis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Myocarditis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Myocarditis are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Myocarditis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Myocarditis market
- In the coming years, Myocarditis market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Myocarditis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Myocarditis. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Myocarditis market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Myocarditis
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Myocarditis Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Myocarditis Pipeline Analysis
- Myocarditis Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Myocarditis Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Myocarditis Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Myocarditis Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Myocarditis market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Myocarditis total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Myocarditis market size during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Myocarditis market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the Myocarditis market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the Myocarditis market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Myocarditis?
- What is the historical Myocarditis patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Myocarditis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Myocarditis?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Myocarditis during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the Myocarditis treatment, along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Myocarditis in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Myocarditis marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Myocarditis?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for Myocarditis treatment?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for Myocarditis treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry - Industry, Industry - Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Myocarditis therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Myocarditis and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Myocarditis?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Myocarditis?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Myocarditis market
- To understand the future market competition in the Myocarditis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Myocarditis in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Myocarditis market
- To understand the future market competition in the Myocarditis market