PROLASTIN Drug Insight
“PROLASTIN Drug Insight and Market Forecast – 2032” report provides comprehensive insights about PROLASTIN for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (AATD) in the seven major markets. A detailed picture of the PROLASTIN for AATD in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom and Japan for the study period 2019 –2032 is provided in this report along with a detailed description of the PROLASTIN for AATD. The report provides insights about mechanism of action, dosage and administration, as well as research and development including regulatory milestones, along with other developmental activities. Further, it also consists of future market assessments inclusive of the PROLASTIN market forecast analysis for AATD in the 7MM, SWOT, analysts’ views, comprehensive overview of market competitors, and brief about other emerging therapies in AATD.
PROLASTIN was launched in the US by Bayer in 1988 after receiving approval from the US FDA. In 2005, Talecris acquired the drug under the contributed acquisition of Bayer’s assets. Later, Talecris developed a new and more concentrated formulation of PROLASTIN, which received approval from the US FDA in 2005.
PROLASTIN-C is indicated for chronic augmentation and maintenance therapy in adult subjects with deficiency of alpha-1-PI (alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency) and evidence of emphysema. PROLASTIN increases the antigenic and functional levels of serum and antigenic lung epithelial lining fluid levels of alpha1-PI. PROLASTIN-C is prepared from pooled human plasma of a healthy person with some modifications and refinements of the cold ethanol method of Cohn. It is produced by modification of PROLASTIN through a manufacturing process, which results in improved product purity and increased concentration of active ingredient A1-PI.
In September 2017, PROLASTIN-C received approval from the US FDA for a liquid formulation (PROLASTIN-C Liquid) replacement therapy for AATD. PROLASTIN-C Liquid is the first liquid formulation of an AATD replacement therapy manufactured in the US.
Scope of the Report
The report provides insights into:
- A comprehensive product overview including the PROLASTIN description, mechanism of action, dosage and administration, research and development activities in AATD.
- Elaborated details on PROLASTIN regulatory milestones and other development activities have been provided in this report.
- The report also highlights the PROLASTIN research and development activities in AATD across the United States, Europe and Japan.
- The report also covers the patents information with expiry timeline around PROLASTIN.
- The report contains forecasted sales of PROLASTIN for AATD till 2032.
- Comprehensive coverage of the late-stage emerging therapies for AATD.
- The report also features the SWOT analysis with analyst views for PROLASTIN in AATD.
The report is built using data and information sourced primarily from internal databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by DelveInsight’s team of industry experts. Information and data from the secondary sources have been obtained from various printable and nonprintable sources like search engines, news websites, global regulatory authorities websites, trade journals, white papers, magazines, books, trade associations, industry associations, industry portals and access to available databases.
PROLASTIN Analytical Perspective by DelveInsight
In-depth PROLASTIN Market Assessment
This report provides a detailed market assessment of PROLASTIN for AATD in the seven major markets, i.e., the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom and Japan. This segment of the report provides forecasted sales data from 2023 to 2032.
PROLASTIN Clinical Assessment
The report provides the clinical trials information of PROLASTIN for AATD covering trial interventions, trial conditions, trial status, start and completion dates.
- In the coming years, the market scenario for AATD is set to change due to the extensive research and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies are developing therapies that focus on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition, assess challenges, and seek opportunities that could influence PROLASTIN dominance.
- Other emerging products for AATD are expected to give tough market competition to PROLASTIN and launch of late-stage emerging therapies in the near future will significantly impact the market.
- A detailed description of regulatory milestones, and developmental activities, provide the current development scenario of PROLASTIN in AATD.
- Our in-depth analysis of the forecasted sales data of PROLASTIN from 2023 to 2032 will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the PROLASTIN in AATD.
- What is the product type, route of administration and mechanism of action of PROLASTIN?
- What is the clinical trial status of the study related to PROLASTIN in AATD and study completion date?
- What are the key collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and other activities related to the PROLASTIN development?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to PROLASTIN for AATD?
- What is the forecasted market scenario of PROLASTIN for AATD?
- What are the forecasted sales of PROLASTIN in the seven major countries, including the United States and Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan?
- What are the other emerging products available and how are these giving competition to PROLASTIN for AATD?
- Which are the late-stage emerging therapies under development for the treatment of AATD?