Retinal Vein Occlusion Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Retinal Vein Occlusion – Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 20+ companies and 20+ pipeline drugs in Retinal Vein Occlusion pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Retinal Vein Occlusion Understanding
Retinal Vein Occlusion: Overview
Retinal vein occlusion is a blockage of the small veins that carry blood away from the retina. The retina is the layer of tissue at the back of the inner eye that converts light images to nerve signals and sends them to the brain.
There are two types of RVO:
- Central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) is the blockage of the main retinal vein.
- Branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) is the blockage of one of the smaller branch veins.
- Symptoms include sudden blurring or vision loss in all or part of one eye.
Tests to evaluate for vein occlusion include:
- Exam of the retina after dilating the pupil
- Fluorescein angiography
- Intraocular pressure
- Pupil reflex response
- Refraction eye exam
- Retinal photography
- Slit lamp examination
- Testing of side vision (visual field examination)
- Visual acuity test to determine the smallest letters you can read on a chart
Treatment for the complications of retinal vein occlusion may include:
- Focal laser treatment, if macular edema is present.
- Injections of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) drugs into the eye. These drugs may block the growth of new blood vessels that can cause glaucoma. This treatment is still being studied.
- Laser treatment to prevent the growth of new, abnormal blood vessels that leads to glaucoma.
Retinal Vein Occlusion Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Retinal Vein Occlusion report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase III, II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Retinal Vein Occlusion Emerging Drugs
- Bevacizumab: Outlook Therapeutics
Bevacizumab is a full-length, humanized anti-VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) recombinant monoclonal antibody (or mAb) that inhibits VEGF and associated angiogenic activity. With wet AMD, abnormally high levels of VEGF are secreted in the eye and lead to vision loss. VEGF is a protein that promotes the growth of new abnormal blood vessels. Anti-VEGF injection therapy blocks this growth. Since the advent of anti-VEGF therapy, it has become the standard of care treatment option within the retina community globally (National Eye Institute). It is in phase III stage of development.
GB-102 is formulated as an injectable, intravitreal poly lactic-co-glycolic acid (PLGA) that aggregates to form a depot, which then biodegrades over time to lactic acid and glycolic acid. It is currently in phase II stage of development.
KSI-301, currently in clinical development, is a novel anti-VEGF biologic designed to have an extended ocular half-life. Ischemia due to vein occlusion results in secretion of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) that causes further vascular leakage and edema. Anti-VEGF agents have become a very common treatment to improve the clinical outcomes in patients with RVO. It is in phase II/III stage of development.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Retinal Vein Occlusion: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Retinal Vein Occlusion drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Retinal Vein Occlusion
There are approx. 20+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Retinal Vein Occlusion. The companies which have their Retinal Vein Occlusion drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include Outlook Therapeutics and others
DelveInsight’s report covers around 20+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late-stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage products (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Retinal Vein Occlusion pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Gene therapies
- Small molecule
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Retinal Vein Occlusion: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase III, II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Retinal Vein Occlusion therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Retinal Vein Occlusion drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Retinal Vein Occlusion R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Retinal Vein Occlusion.
- Kodiak Sciences Inc., a biopharmaceutical company founded in 2009 as Oligasis LLC, announced the launch of its new corporate identity.
Retinal Vein Occlusion Report Insights
- Retinal Vein Occlusion Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Retinal Vein Occlusion Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Retinal Vein Occlusion drugs?
- How many Retinal Vein Occlusion drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Retinal Vein Occlusion?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Retinal Vein Occlusion therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Retinal Vein Occlusion and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- The Emmes Company
- Chengdu Kanghong Biotech
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Kala Pharmaceuticals
- Chengdu Kanghong Biotech
- Santen Pharmaceutical
- Outlook Therapeutics
- GrayBug Vision
- Kodiak Sciences
- Autologous Bone Marrow CD34+ Stem Cells
- Conbercept Ophthalmic Injection