Whim Syndrome Epidemiology Forecast
- Most WHIM syndrome patients were estimated in the US, followed by EU4 and the UK.
- In 2022, the total number of diagnosed patients with WHIM syndrome in the 7MM was 174. These are expected to surge due to increased awareness and diagnostic techniques during the forecast period (2023–2032).
- Females were estimated to be affected more with WHIM Syndrome as compared to men in the 7MM.
- Age-specific cases of WHIM Syndrome were divided into less than 18 years and 18 years and above, with 91 and 83 cases in the 7MM in 2022, respectively.
DelveInsight’s “WHIM syndrome – Epidemiology – 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of WHIM syndrome, historical and forecasted epidemiology of WHIM syndrome in the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- The United States
- EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom
Study Period: 2019–2032
WHIM syndrome Disease Understanding
WHIM syndrome Overview
WHIM (Warts, Hypogammaglobulinemia, Infections, and Myelokathexis) syndrome is an ultrarare and difficult-to-diagnose primary immunodeficiency disease. In almost all patients of WHIM syndrome, the disease is caused by “gain-of-function” mutations in the single gene that encodes for the CXCR4 receptor.
WHIM syndrome is a congenital immune deficiency with characteristic clinical features that include: susceptibility to human papillomavirus (HPV) infection-induced warts, condyloma acuminata, and carcinomas; neutropenia, B-cell lymphopenia, and hypogammaglobulinemia related recurrent infections; and bone marrow myelokathexis characterized by myeloid hyperplasia and apoptosis.
WHIM syndrome Diagnosis
WHIM syndrome is diagnosed by clinical findings like neutropenia, recurrent infections, warts, lymphopenia, bone marrow biopsy (myelokathexis), and CXCR4 gene mutation. However, in real-time clinical practice, timely and accurate diagnosis of WHIM syndrome is challenging, given the heterogeneity and specific nature of the clinical presentation of the disease.
Further details related to diagnosis are provided in the report…
WHIM syndrome Epidemiology
As the market is derived using a patient-based model, the WHIM Syndrome epidemiology chapter in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total diagnosed prevalent cases of WHIM Syndrome, Gender-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of WHIM Syndrome, and Age-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of WHIM Syndrome in the 7MM covering, the United States, EU4 countries (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain), United Kingdom, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
- There were 174 diagnosed prevalent cases of WHIM Syndrome estimated to have occurred in the 7MM in 2022, of which 117 of the accounted cases were estimated to be from the US alone, and these cases are anticipated to increase during the forecast period.
- Among EU4 and the UK, France had the highest number of cases, while Spain reported the lowest patient number in 2022.
- The diagnosed prevalent cases were further divided into gender-specific cases. Male and female patients were 69 and 105 cases, respectively, in the 7MM in 2022.
- The age-specific cases of WHIM Syndrome were categorized into less than 18 years and 18 years and above, with 91 and 83 cases in the 7MM in 2022.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs’ opinions working in the domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Industry Experts contacted for insights on the WHIM syndrome evolving treatment landscape, patient reliance on conventional therapies, patient therapy switching acceptability, drug uptake, along with challenges related to accessibility, including HCPs, Physicians, and others.
Delveinsight’s analysts connected with 10+ KOLs to gather insights; however, interviews were conducted with 5+ KOLs in the 7MM. Centers such as the Department of Pediatrics, Department of Immunology, etc., were contacted. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapy treatment patterns or WHIM syndrome market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatments by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers a segment of key events, an executive summary, and a descriptive overview of WHIM syndrome, explaining its causes, signs, symptoms, pathogenesis, and currently used diagnostic approaches.
- Comprehensive insight into the epidemiology segments and forecasts, disease progression, and diagnostic guidelines or algorithms have been provided.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, understanding trends, expert insights/KOL views, and patient journey in the 7MM.
- A detailed review of current challenges in establishing the diagnosis.
WHIM syndrome Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Country-wise Epidemiology Distribution
- Gender-wise cases of WHIM syndrome
- Age-wise cases of WHIM syndrome
WHIM syndrome Report Key Strengths
- Ten Years Forecast
- The 7MM Coverage
- WHIM syndrome Epidemiology Segmentation
WHIM syndrome Report Assessment
- Current Diagnostic Practices
- What are the disease risk, burdens, and unmet needs of WHIM syndrome? What will be the growth across the 7MM concerning the patient population with WHIM syndrome?
- What is the historical and forecasted WHIM syndrome patient pool in the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan?
- Why are region-based differences in the diagnosed cases of the disease?
- Which gender has a higher prevalence of WHIM syndrome?
- Which age group of WHIM syndrome has a high patient share?
Reasons to Buy
- Insights on patient burden/disease, evolution in diagnosis, and factors contributing to the change in the epidemiology of the disease during the forecast years.
- To understand the age-specific WHIM syndrome prevalent cases in varying geographies over the coming years.
- A detailed overview of gender-specific and age-specific cases of WHIM syndrome is the inclusions.
- To understand the perspective of key opinion leaders around the current challenges with establishing the diagnosis and insights on the recurrent and treatment-eligible patient pool.
- Detailed insights on various factors hampering disease diagnosis and other existing diagnostic challenges.