To assess potential risks and impacts of a merger due with the client’s company, initiated to develop business advantages through consolidation of personnel, technology and intellectual property.
A large medical device client, based in the United States with capabilities in drug delivery medical devices, involved DelveInsight to assess the potential risks and benefits of a merger being evaluated to further the goal of becoming market leaders in the niche area of drug delivery through novel technology. The client wanted to include certain intellectual property through this deal but was concerned about the impact of the merger in their overall business strategy.
- Evaluation of the merging entities’ IP strength and potential capabilities
- Deep-dive assessments into the compatibility aspect of the two firms to ensure cohesion
- Analysis of Transactional costs relating to the merger
- Descriptive understanding of the post-merger environment
- Provided steps to retain control of major strategy centric processes to allay post-merger dissolution risks
- Assessed Company’s exposure to post-merger impacts, and provided remedial solutions to combat such situations
- Provision of safeguards to each entity during the transition to keep the process in control
- Executed workshops to retain transparency during and after the merger