Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) also called Bechterew's disease is a common inflammatory rheumatic disease that affects the axial skeleton, causing characteristic inflammatory back pain, which can lead to structural and functional impairments and a decrease in quality of life. Clinical features of this group include inflammatory back pain, asymmetrical peripheral oligoarthritis (predominantly of the lower limbs), enthesitis, and specific organ involvement such as anterior uveitis, psoriasis, and chronic inflammatory bowel disease. Aortic root involvement and conduction abnormalities are rare complications of AS. AS affects men more often than women.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Ankylosing Spondylitis in the United States from 2018 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalence of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Gene-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Ankylosing Spondylitis Epidemiology in the US (2020)
- The total number of Ankylosing Spondylitis cases was 1,300,971.
- The total Ankylosing Spondylitis diagnosed prevalence was 556,688.
- The most prevalent age group of Ankylosing Spondylitis is 40–49 Years.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis gene-specific prevalence was 501,019 cases in the HLA-B27 Positive gene and 55,669 cases were observed in Rest cases (ERAP 1, IL-12, IL-17, and IL-23).
- Ankylosing Spondylitis diagnosed prevalence cases in males were observed to be 389,681 cases and in females, it was observed to be 167,006 cases.
The therapeutic market of Ankylosing Spondylitis in the United States is expected to increase during the study period (2018–2030) with a CAGR of 8.36%.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Market Drivers
- R&D strategies
- Awareness about disease
- Introduction of novel products
- Increasing prevalence
Ankylosing Spondylitis Market Barriers
- High-cost treatment
- Diagnosis delay
- Loss of patent exclusivity
- Availability of generics
Ankylosing Spondylitis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Ankylosing Spondylitis market are
- Ilumya (Tildrakizumab)
- ILT-101(Interleukin 2)
- Brodalumab (KHK4827)
- Rinvoq (Upadacitinib)
And many more
Ankylosing Spondylitis Key Players
The key players in the Ankylosing Spondylitis market are
- UCB Biopharma
- Sun Pharma Global
- Izana Bioscience
- Iltoo Pharma
- Kyowa Kirin
And many more