Atopic Dermatitis (AD), also known as atopic eczema, is a type of inflammation of the skin (dermatitis). It results in itchy, red, swollen, and cracked skin. Clear fluid may come from the affected areas, which often thickens over time. While the condition may occur at any age, it typically starts in childhood with changing severity over the years. In children under one year of age, much of the body may be affected. As children get older, the back of the knees and front of the elbows are the most common areas affected.
Atopic Dermatitis Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Prevalent Cases of Atopic Dermatitis
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Atopic Dermatitis
- Severity-specific distribution of Atopic Dermatitis in Adults
- Severity-specific distribution of Atopic Dermatitis in Pediatric Population
- Gender-specific Prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis in Adults
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Pruritus in Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic Dermatitis Epidemiological Insights Observed in the 7MM (2021)
- The total diagnosed prevalent cases of Atopic Dermatitis in 7MM were estimated to be 65.4 million.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Atopic Dermatitis in the US were found to be 24.1 million.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Atopic Dermatitis in Germany were estimated to be 893K cases.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Atopic Dermatitis in the UK were found to be 4 million.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Atopic Dermatitis in Spain were estimated to be 3.8 million.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Atopic Dermatitis in Japan were observed to be 2.2 million.
The market size of Atopic Dermatitis in the 7MM was found to be approximately USD 15,026 million in the year 2021.
Atopic Dermatitis Market Drivers
- Rising prevalence of Atopic Dermatitis
- Escalating expenditure on healthcare
- Approvals of JAK inhibitors
- Potential Emerging Therapies for Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic Dermatitis Market Barriers
- Over-the-counter medications
- Outdated treatment recommendations
- Poor prognosis and treatment adherence
- Lack of timely diagnosis
- Management of Atopic Dermatitis in the primary care setting
The emerging drugs in the Atopic Dermatitis market are
- KY1005 (Amlitelimab)
- Difelikefalin (Korsuva)
- Tradipitant, and many others
Atopic Dermatitis Key Players
The key players working in the Atopic Dermatitis market are
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Oneness Biotech
- DS Biopharma
- AOBiome Therapeutics
- Arcutis Biotherapeutics
- Cara Therapeutics
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals, and several others