Chronic Lower Back Pain
Chronic Lower Back Pain (CLBP) is pain that persists for 12 weeks or longer, even after an initial injury or underlying cause of acute low back pain. Low back pain is very common, and at one point, everyone must have faced this problem. Lower back pain that is long-term (for more than 3 months) is called CLBP. This condition might originate from an injury, disease, or stress on different body structures. The pain may vary significantly and be felt as bone pain, nerve pain, or muscle pain, and its intensity ranges from mild to severe.
Chronic Lower Back Pain Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Prevalence of CLBP
- Total Diagnosed Prevalence of CLBP
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of CLBP
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalence of CLBP
Chronic Lower Back Pain Epidemiological Insights Observed in the 7MM (2020)
- The total prevalent population of Chronic Lower Back Pain in the 7MM was found to be 76.4 million.
- In the EU5 region, the total prevalent population of Chronic Lower Back Pain in Spain was found to be 8.7 million cases whereas in the UK, they were found to be 5.9 million cases.
- The total prevalent population of Chronic Lower Back Pain in Japan was estimated to be 12.7 million.
The market size of Chronic Lower Back Pain in the 7MM was found to be USD 6,227 million in 2020.
Chronic Lower Back Pain Market Drivers
- Increasing patient pool
- Robust Pipeline
- Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy
- Burden of illness
Chronic Lower Back Pain Market Barriers
- Complicated heterogeneity of patients
- Implementation of best available evidence
- Usage of opioids in case of failure of other available therapeutic drugs
- Deviation toward alternate treatment methods from pharmacological treatment methods
- High cost and difficulties in back pain research
The emerging drugs in the Chronic Lower Back Pain market are
- Brixadi/Buvidal (CAM2038/Buprenorphine Injection Depot)
- Semdexa (SP-102)
- Rexlemestrocel-L (MPC-06-ID)
- IDCT (rebonuputemcel)
- Clonidine Micropellets (STX-015)
Chronic Lower Back Pain Key Players
The key players working in the Chronic Lower Back Pain market are
- Braeburn Inc.
- Scilex Holding
- Mesoblast Limited
- AnGes MG, Inc.
- Kolon Life Science
- Eliem Therapeutics
- Allodynic Therapeutics
- Frontier Biotechnologies
- DiscGenics Inc.
- Stayble Therapeutics
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Persica Pharmaceuticals
- BioRestorative Therapies
- Montpellier University Hospital