Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) is a diabetes complication that affects the eyes. It is caused by damage to the blood vessels of the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye (retina).
Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Diabetic Retinopathy Prevalent Cases
- Diabetic Retinopathy Gender-specific Cases
- Diabetic Retinopathy Age-specific Cases
Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The total Diabetic Retinopathy diagnosed prevalent population was found to be 8,033,083 in the 7MM.
- Among the EU5 countries, Germany had the highest population of Diabetic Retinopathy with 2,167,200 cases, followed by Italy, which had 1,485,668 cases. On the other hand, France had the lowest number of Diabetic Retinopathy cases which was observed to be 575,507 cases.
- The Diabetic Retinopathy diagnosed prevalent population was found to be 1,903,502 in Japan.
- 2,190,498 cases of Diabetic Retinopathy prevalent population was observed in males in the year 2020, whereas 2,181,806 Diabetic Retinopathy prevalent population was observed in females in the US.
The Diabetic Retinopathy market size was found to be USD 3,127.6 million in the 7MM in 2020
Diabetic Retinopathy Market Drivers
- Increased patient pool
- Research and development
- Drugs in pipeline
Diabetic Retinopathy Market Barriers
- Cost of treatment
- Barriers in the screening program
- Lack of patient awareness
The emerging drugs in the Diabetic Retinopathy market are
- Emixustat Hydrochloride
- BI 764524, and others
Key Diabetic Retinopathy Companies
The key companies working in the Diabetic Retinopathy market are
- Kodiak Sciences
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Adverum Biotechnologies
- Graybug Vision
- Kubota Vision Inc.
- KalVista Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Allegro Ophthalmics
- Boehringer Ingelheim, and others