The Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) is a transmembrane protein that regulates multiple cellular processes, including proliferation, differentiation, and survival, and is overexpressed in various solid cancerous tumors. The Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor inhibitor class of targeted antitumor agents is designed to bind to the EGFR, thereby preventing its activation and downstream signaling cascade.
EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders in 7MM from 2018 to 2030 is segmented into:-
- Total number of cases on EGFR Inhibitors by cancer type
- Total cases of EGFR Inhibitors-induced Skin Disorders
EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2020
- The number of patients on EGFR inhibitors therapies in the United States was observed to be 28,425 cases of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, 22,820 cases of Colorectal Cancer, 3,211 cases of Breast Cancer, 2,595 cases of Head and Neck Cancers, and 490 cases of Pancreatic Cancer.
- The number of cases of EGFR inhibitors used in cancers in the United States was observed to be 57,541 whereas in Japan it was observed to be 29,306.
- The market size of EGFR Inhibitors-induced Skin Disorders in the 7MM was estimated to be USD 57 million in 2020.
- Among the EU-5 countries, Germany (USD 5 million) had the highest market share, followed by France (USD 4 million) and Italy (USD 4 million), in 2020.
- The United States holds the largest market share of the EGFR Inhibitors-induced Skin Disorders among the 7MM countries, which accounted for USD 28 million of the total 7MM market, in 2020.
- The total EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders market size in Japan was estimated to be USD 9 million.
EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders Market Drivers
- Robust emerging therapies
- The shortfall of approved therapies
- Ubiquitous incidence
- Increase in clinical research for management
EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders Market Barriers
- No specific diagnostic procedure
- Specific targeted therapies are lacking
- Interference of systemic management of skin toxicity with EGFR targeting agents
- Lack of adequate grading system for EGFR-induced skin toxicities
EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders market are
- AC-701 Topical Gel 0.3%
- Imsidolimab (ANB019)
- HT-001/WEG232 (Aprepitant), and others
EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders Key Players
The key players working in the EGFR Inhibitors-Induced Skin Disorders market are
- TWi Pharmaceuticals
- Azitra Inc.
- AnaptysBio Inc.
- Lutris Pharma Ltd.
- Hoth Therapeutics, and others