Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is characterized by continuous and exaggerated anxiety and worry about everyday life events with no apparent reasons for worry.
People with GAD experience a combination of emotional, behavioural, and physical symptoms that often fluctuate, becoming worse at times of stress. The anxiety is mostly associated with physical symptoms, such as sleep disturbance, restlessness, muscle tension, gastrointestinal symptoms, and chronic headaches and others. It also includes several psychological symptoms.
GAD is diagnosed when a person finds it problematic to control worry on more days than not for at least six months. An evaluation of symptom criteria is the first step for diagnosis followed by physical exam, blood tests, urine tests, gastric reflux tests, such as an X-ray of the digestive system or an endoscopy procedure to look at the esophagus, and stress tests.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total 12-Month Prevalent Cases
- Gender-Specific Cases
- Age-Specific Cases
- Severity-Specific Cases (Adults, Children and Adolescents)
- The Total 12-Month Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 7MM were 16,606,987 cases in 2017.
- Total Gender-specific Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in the United States in 2017 were:-
- 3,875,098- Males
- 7,238,630 -Females
The market size of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 7MM in 2017 was USD 3,164 million.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Market Drivers
- Increasing awareness and Prevalence
- Improved Diagnostic criteria
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Market Barriers
- Huge number of failed clinical trials
- Shrinking R&D
The emerging drugs of the Generalized Anxiety Disorder market are
- Intuniv (Guanfacine; previously known as SPD503)
And many others.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Key Players
The key players in the Generalized Anxiety Disorder market are
- Pherin Pharmaceuticals
- VistaGen Therapeutics
- Shire (acquired by Takeda Pharmaceuticals)
- BioHaven Pharmaceuticals
And many others.