Hepatorenal Syndrome (HRS) is a serious complication of liver cirrhosis with a critically poor prognosis. The pathophysiological hallmark is severe renal vasoconstriction, resulting from complex changes in splanchnic and general circulations as well as systemic and renal vasoconstrictors and vasodilators.
Various common symptoms observed during Hepatorenal Syndrome are confusion, delirium, nausea, vomiting, dementia, weight gain, jaundice, decreased urine output, swollen abdomen, etc.
Diagnosis in the field of hepatorenal Syndrome can be done by physical examination, few blood and urine tests.
Several facts associated with the occurrence of Hepatorenal Syndrome include:-
- Males and females are equally affected with Hepatorenal Syndrome
- It occurs in approximately 8-10 percent of individuals with an accumulation of fluid in the abdomen and cirrhosis
- Hepatorenal Syndrome occurs in individuals with other forms of liver disease including fulminant hepatic failure
Hepatorenal Syndrome Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Hepatorenal Syndrome in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented into:-
- Total Incident Cases of Hepatorenal Syndrome
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hepatorenal Syndrome
- Type-Specific Cases of Hepatorenal Syndrome
Hepatorenal Syndrome Epidemiological Insights Observed in 2017
- The total Hepatorenal Syndrome incident population in 7MM was 280,659.
- The incident population of Hepatorenal Syndrome in Italy was 11,836.
- The Hepatorenal Syndrome incident population in Germany was 76,000.
- The Hepatorenal Syndrome incident population in Spain was observed to be 45,609.
- The Hepatorenal Syndrome incident population in Japan was 32,000.
The market size of Hepatorenal Syndrome in the 7MM was found to be USD 586.66 million in 2017.
Hepatorenal Syndrome Market Drivers
- Rising investigations
- Update in guidelines for diagnosis & management
- Rising incidence
- Increasing initiatives & funding
Hepatorenal Syndrome Market Barriers
- High mortality
- Late & inaccurate diagnosis
- Non-response to pharmacological therapy
Hepatorenal Syndrome Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Hepatorenal Syndrome market are
- BIV201, and others
Hepatorenal Syndrome Key Players
The key players working in the Hepatorenal Syndrome market are
- BioVie, and others