Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) is a chronic illness, which is characterized by swollen, painful lesions that occurs in the armpit (axillae), groin, anal, and breast regions. This disease occurs because of the blockage of hair follicles and secondary infection, and sometimes inflammation of specific sweat glands (apocrine glands).
It is a progressive disease where single boil-like, pus-filled abscesses become hard lumps, then painful, deep-seated, often inflamed clusters of lesions with chronic seepage. The disease can be extremely painful and debilitating, but it is rarely life-threatening. It only occurs when bacterial infection leads to an overwhelming systemic infection in an individual with a weakened immune system. The symptoms of HS range from mild to severe.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Pool of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Diagnosed Pool of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Gender-specific Prevalent Pool of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Age-specific Prevalent Pool of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Stage-specific Prevalent Pool of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Treated moderate to severe Prevalent Pool of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- The total prevalent population of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in 7MM in 2017 was 6,053,923
- The US accounts for the highest prevalent population of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in 2017 was 2,766,042
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa is thrice more prevalent in females compared to males
The therapeutic market of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in the 7MM in 2017 was USD 797.6 million
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Market Drivers
- Growing Patient Pool
- Increasing awareness of the disease
- Improvement in healthcare economy and affordable treatment options
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Market Barriers
- Diagnostic barriers
- Treatment cost and a growing trend of complementary and alternative medicine
- Adverse events associated with biologics
The emerging drugs of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market are
- Bermekimab (MABp1)
And many others.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Key Players
The key players in the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market are
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- xbiotech/ Janssen
- UCB Biopharma
- Incyte Corporation
And many others.