Lamellar Ichthyosis is a rare genetic disorder in which skin cells are produced at a normal rate. However, they do not separate normally at the surface of the outermost layer of skin and are not shed as soon as they should be, which lead to the formation of scale.
It is mainly caused by the mutations affecting several different genes; the genes mainly involved in Lamellar Ichthyosis include TGM1, ABCA12, CYP4F22, NIPAL4, and others like LIPN, ALOX12B. However, most of the cases (~90%) are caused due to mutation in the TGM1 gene.
Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Lamellar Ichthyosis in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Prevalent Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
- Genetic Mutation-specific Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
- Severity-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
- Total Treated Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology
- The total prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis in 7MM was 4,038 in 2017.
- The diagnosed prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis in Germany was 222 cases, whereas, in Spain, 135 cases were observed in 2017.
The market size of Lamellar Ichthyosis in 7MM in 2017 was USD 3.9 million.
Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Drivers
- Development of gene therapies
- Improvement in the diagnosis
- Less competitive therapeutic landscape
Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Barriers
- Challenges in the clinical trials for therapies
- Misdiagnosis of disease
- Problems related to clinical outcome measures
- Burden of disease
Lamellar Ichthyosis Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Lamellar Ichthyosis market are
- TMB-001 (Isotretinoin, formerly known as PAT-001)
- Trifarotene (CD5789)
And many others.
Lamellar Ichthyosis Key Players
The key players in the Lamellar Ichthyosis market are
- Timber Pharmaceuticals
- Mayne Pharma
- Krystal Biotech
And many others.