Leptomeningeal metastases (LM), also known as carcinomatous meningitis and neoplastic meningitis, refers to the spread of malignant cells through the CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) space. These cells can originate from primary CNS (Central nervous system) tumors (e.g., drop metastases) and distant tumors that have metastasized via hematogenous spread. Any cancer can cause LM, but it is most commonly a complication of the later stages of lung cancer, breast cancer, melanoma, and gastrointestinal cancers.
Leptomeningeal Metastases Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Leptomeningeal Metastases Incident Cases of different cancer types
- Total Leptomeningeal Metastases Diagnosed Cases
- Total Leptomeningeal Metastases Treated Cases
- Total Leptomeningeal Metastases Cancer-specific Cases
Leptomeningeal Metastases Epidemiological Insights Observed in the 7MM
- The total incident Leptomeningeal Metastases cases of different cancer types observed in the 7MM were observed to be 2.94 million in the year 2021.
- The total diagnosed Leptomeningeal Metastases cases found in the 7MM in the year 2021 were 303k.
- The total treated Leptomeningeal Metastases cases observed in the 7MM were 241k in the year 2021.
The market size of Leptomeningeal Metastases in the 7MM was found to be approximately USD 1,275 million in 2021.
Leptomeningeal Metastases Market Drivers
- Less competitive scenario
- Novel treatment options
- Development of a new diagnostic approach
- New treatment methods focusing on particular tumor types
- Increasing incident population
Leptomeningeal Metastases Market Barriers
- Lack of randomized clinical trials
- False negativity in the diagnosis of Leptomeningeal Metastases
- Lack of specific therapeutic approach
- Lack of robust developmental pipeline
- High mortality rate
The emerging drugs in the Leptomeningeal Metastases market are
- Rhenium-186 NanoLiposome (186RNL)
- Paclitaxel trevatide (ANG1005)
- Omburtamab, and many others
Leptomeningeal Metastases Key Players
The key players working in the Leptomeningeal Metastases market are
- Plus Therapeutics
- Y-mAbs Therapeutics, and others