Pemphigus Vulgaris (PV) is a rare, severe autoimmune and intraepithelial disease characterized by flaccid blisters and erosions of the skin and mucous membrane. It is histologically marked by acantholysis and is mediated by circulating desmoglein-reactive autoantibodies directed against keratinocyte cell surfaces.
For the treatment of Pemphigus Vulgaris, the majority of the therapies focus on enhancing the symptoms associated with pemphigus by the reduction of serum autoantibodies, either directly or via generalized immune suppression. The most common medication include corticosteroids (prednisolone), anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies (rituximab and ofatumumab), corticosteroid-sparing agents (azathioprine, mycophenolate mofetil, etc.), and cyclophosphamide.
Pemphigus Vulgaris Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Pemphigus Vulgaris in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Severity-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Pemphigus Vulgaris
Pemphigus Vulgaris Epidemiology
- The total diagnosed prevalent cases of Pemphigus Vulgaris in 7MM in 2017 was 41,217
- The diagnosed prevalent cases of Pemphigus Vulgaris in the United States were 13,526 in 2017
- The market size of Pemphigus Vulgaris in 7MM in 2017 was USD 181.78 million.
- The United States accounted for the highest market size of Pemphigus Vulgaris, in comparison to the other major markets.
Pemphigus Vulgaris Market Drivers
- Approval of MabThera/Rituxan
- Increasing awareness
- Rising prevalence rates
- Updated diagnostic and treatment guidelines
Pemphigus Vulgaris Market Barriers
- Difficulties in developing new treatment
- Lack of disease understanding
- Disease diversity
- Limited approved and emerging therapies
Pemphigus Vulgaris Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Pemphigus Vulgaris market are
- Rilzabrutinib (PRN1008)
- Ianalumab (VAY736)
- Efgartigimod (ARGX-113)
And many others.
Pemphigus Vulgaris Key Players
The key players in the Pemphigus Vulgaris market are
- Principia Biopharma
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals/MorphoSys
- Argenx BVBA
- Topas Therapeutics
And many others.