Prosthetic Joint Infection (PJI) is an infection involving the joint prosthesis and adjacent tissue. It is one of the major issues and etiologies of implant failure after joint replacement and associated with a substantial financial burden on the healthcare system, and significant physical and psychological morbidity on patients.
The majority of PJIs occurring within a year of surgery are initiated via the introduction of microorganisms at the time of surgery; this can happen through either direct contact or aerosolized contamination of the prosthesis or periprosthetic tissue.
The most common microorganism responsible for PJI is S. aureus bacteremia. Along with this, coagulase-negative Staphylococci and Streptococcus species, Enterococcus species, and aerobic Gram-negative bacilli also play an essential role in the infection.
Prosthetic Joint Infection Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Prosthetic Joint Infection in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Total cases of Arthroplasty
- Total incident cases of Prosthetic Joint Infection
- Gender-specific cases of Prosthetic Joint Infection
- Causative Microorganism-specific cases of Prosthetic Joint Infection
Prosthetic Joint Infection Epidemiology
- Total incident cases of PJI in 7MM and China in 2017 were 66,811
- Males are affected more as compared to females.
- PJI incident cases in the United States were 35,653 in 2017.
Prosthetic Joint Infection Market Size in the 7MM and China in 2017 was USD 61.63 million
Prosthetic Joint Infection Market Drivers
- An increasing number of Joint Arthroplasties
- Rapid technological development in China
- Favourable Environment for New Anti-infective Modalities
- Advancement in Human Genomics
Prosthetic Joint Infection Market Barriers
- The dearth of clinical trials
- Lack of Ideal treatment
- Huge Economic Impact
- Economic disparities and concerns in China
Prosthetic Joint Infection Emerging Drugs
The emerging drugs of the Prosthetic Joint Infection market are
- Sodium Fusidate
- TNP-2092 PLG0206
- Vancomycin hydrochloride and tobramycin sulfate
And many others.
Prosthetic Joint Infection Key Players
The key players in the Prosthetic Joint Infection market are
- TenNor Therapeutics
- Joint Purification Systems
And many others.