Vascular Dementia (VaD) is an etiological category of dementia characterized by severe cognitive impairment resulting from ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke or hypoperfusion affecting brain regions important for memory, cognition, and behavior. Vascular Dementia is a decline in thinking skills caused by conditions that block or reduce blood flow to various brain regions, depriving them of oxygen and nutrients.
Vascular Dementia Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Prevalent Cases of Dementia
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Dementia
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Vascular Dementia
- Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Vascular Dementia
Vascular Dementia Epidemiological Insights Observed in the 7MM (2021)
- The total diagnosed prevalent cases of Vascular Dementia in 7MM were estimated to be 2.7 million.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Vascular Dementia in the US were found to be 1.1 million.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Vascular Dementia in the EU5 were 893K cases.
- The total diagnosed incident cases of Vascular Dementia in Japan were observed to be 791K cases.
The market size of Vascular Dementia in the 7MM was found to be approximately USD 2,230 million in the year 2021.
Vascular Dementia Market Drivers
- An increasing number of populations at high risk of VaD such as geriatrics and smokers
- Increasing understanding of diagnosis modalities
- Increasing focus to develop a treatment for the underlying disease of VaD
- No approved drug
Vascular Dementia Market Barriers
- Clinical challenges in the management of disease
- The patient does not realize the early symptoms of VaD
- Underdiagnosis of VaD
- Insufficient knowledge of diseases pathogenesis
The emerging drugs in the Vascular Dementia market are
- Apabetalone, and many others
Vascular Dementia Key Players
The key players working in the Vascular Dementia market are
- Charsire Biotechnology Corp
- ProNeurogen Therapeutics
- Resverlogix Corp., and several others