Acute Coronary Syndrome Market
DelveInsight’s “Acute Coronary Syndrome Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the ACS, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the acute coronary syndrome market trends in the United States, EU4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
The acute coronary syndrome market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, ACS market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted acute coronary syndrome market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented by the seven major markets. The report also covers current acute coronary syndrome treatment practices/algorithms and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU4(Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and the United Kingdom
Study period: 2019–2032
Acute Coronary Syndrome Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
DelveInsight’s acute coronary syndrome market report gives a thorough understanding of acute coronary syndrome by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment.
According to American Heart Association, Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) is an umbrella term that refers to a spectrum of conditions compatible with acute myocardial ischemia and/or infarction that are usually due to an abrupt reduction in coronary blood flow. The traditional types of ACS comprise myocardial infarction with ST-segment elevation (STEMI), which generally reflects an acute total coronary occlusion, myocardial infarction without ST-segment elevation (NSTEMI), and unstable angina (UA), with or without myocardial injury, respectively. While plaque rupture remains the most common cause of coronary thrombosis, superficial plaque erosion is recognized with increasing frequency.
Acute coronary syndrome diagnosis
Diagnosis can be made based on patient history, symptoms, electrocardiography findings, and cardiac biomarkers, which delineate between ST-elevation myocardial infarction and non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome.
Acute coronary syndrome treatment
Key components in the management of ACS include coronary revascularization when indicated, prompt initiation of dual antiplatelet therapy and anticoagulation; and consideration of adjuvant agents including β blockers, inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system, and HMG-coenzyme A reductase inhibitors. Clinicians need to take an individualized approach to treatment and consider long-term safety and efficacy when managing patients with a history of ACS after hospital discharge.
Acute Coronary Syndrome Epidemiology
The acute coronary syndrome epidemiology section provides insights into the historical and current acute coronary syndrome patient pool and forecasted trends for seven individual major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the acute coronary syndrome report also provides the diagnosed patient pool, their trends and, assumptions undertaken.
As per the European Society of Cardiology, cardiovascular diseases cause approximately one-third of all deaths in the world, of which 7.5 million deaths are estimated to be due to heart disease. Acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and sudden death cause most heart disease-related deaths, which represent 1.8 million deaths per year. The incidence of Heart disease in general, and of ACS, increases with age although, on average, this occurs 7–10 years earlier in men compared with women.
The acute coronary syndrome epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted acute coronary syndrome epidemiology segmented as Incident Cases of Acute coronary syndrome, Gender-specific Incident Cases of Acute coronary syndrome, Type-specific Incident Cases of Acute coronary syndrome, and Diagnosed and Treatable Cases of Acute coronary syndrome in the 7MM covering the United States, EU4 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Country-wise Acute Coronary Syndrome Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the acute coronary syndrome epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
Acute Coronary Syndrome Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the acute coronary syndrome report encloses a detailed analysis of acute coronary syndrome marketed drugs and late-stage (Phase III and Phase II) acute coronary syndrome pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the acute coronary syndrome clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Acute coronary syndrome marketed drugs
Brilinta (AStraZeneca) is an anti-platelet drug that decreases the platelet aggregation and prevents blood clots. AstraZeneca developed it for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome (ACS). The FDA approved Brilinta in July 2011 to reduce the rate of heart attacks and cardiovascular deaths in adult patients with ACS.
Note: detailed current therapies assessment will be provided in the full report of acute coronary syndrome
Emerging acute coronary syndrome drugs
The report details the emerging acute coronary syndrome therapies under the late and mid-stage of development for acute coronary syndrome treatment.
Alirocumab being developed by Regeneron and Sanofi, has demonstrated positive results in ACS trial. The ODYSSEY Outcomes trial found that reducing LDL to very low levels with the PCSK9 inhibitor alirocumab lowered risk for major adverse CV events and all-cause mortality in patients with ACS on statin therapy compared with placebo. Alirocumab reduced the relative risk for major adverse CV events in patients after ACS regardless of background statin treatment, researchers found in the ODYSSEY Outcomes trial.
Note: detailed emerging therapies assessment will be provided in the full report of acute coronary syndrome
Acute Coronary Syndrome Market Outlook
The acute coronary syndrome market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted acute coronary syndrome market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the acute coronary syndrome market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need for the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
Key players, such as Regeneron, Sanofi, DalCor Pharmaceutical and CSL Behring are involved in developing therapies for the treatment of Acute Coronary Syndrome.
According to DelveInsight, the acute coronary syndrome market in the 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019–2032.
This section includes a glimpse of the acute coronary syndrome market in the 7MM.
The United States: Acute Coronary Syndrome Market Outlook
This section provides the total acute coronary syndrome market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
EU4 and the UK: Acute Coronary Syndrome Market Outlook
The total acute coronary syndrome market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan: Acute Coronary Syndrome Market Outlook
The total acute coronary syndrome market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Acute Coronary Syndrome Drug Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the acute coronary syndrome market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019–2032. The analysis covers acute coronary syndrome market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This will help in understanding the acute coronary syndrome drugs with the most rapid uptake and the reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Acute Coronary Syndrome Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stages. It also analyses acute coronary syndrome’s key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Acute coronary syndrome market clinical trial development activities
The report covers detailed information on collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers, licensing patent details, and other information on acute coronary syndrome emerging therapies.
Acute Coronary Syndrome Reimbursement Scenario
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In a report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
To keep up with current epidemiology and market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs' opinions working in the acute coronary syndrome domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies and treatment patterns along with acute coronary syndrome market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatments by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform competitive and market intelligence analysis of the acute coronary syndrome market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- Descriptive overview of the acute coronary syndrome, disease overview, patient journeys, treatment algorithms, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight into the acute coronary syndrome epidemiology and forecasts in the 7MM
- An all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for the acute coronary syndrome, along with the assessment of new therapies, expected to have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- Exhaustive analysis of the acute coronary syndrome market; historical and forecasted covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- Trends shaping and driving the global acute coronary syndrome market
- In the coming years, the acute coronary syndrome market is set to change due to the launch of upcoming therapies; which would expand the size of the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence acute coronary syndrome R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing acute coronary syndrome therapies. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the acute coronary syndrome market
- A better understanding of acute coronary syndrome pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for the acute coronary syndrome
- Our in-depth analysis of the acute coronary syndrome pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Acute Coronary Syndrome Report Insights
- Acute coronary syndrome Patient population
- Acute coronary syndrome Therapeutic approaches
- Acute coronary syndrome pipeline analysis
- Acute coronary syndrome market size and trends
- Acute coronary syndrome market opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Acute coronary syndrome therapies
Acute Coronary Syndrome Report Key Strengths
- 10 years forecast
- The 7MM coverage
- Acute coronary syndrome epidemiology segmentation
- Key cross competition
- KOL views
- Acute coronary syndrome drugs uptake
Acute Coronary Syndrome Report Assessment
- Current Acute coronary syndrome treatment practices
- Acute coronary syndrome Unmet needs
- Acute coronary syndrome pipeline product profiles
- Acute coronary syndrome market attractiveness
- Acute coronary syndrome Market Drivers
- Acute coronary syndrome Market Barriers
Key Questions Answered In The Acute Coronary Syndrome Market Report
Acute coronary syndrome market insights:
- What would be the acute coronary syndrome market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market size in 2032?
- What was the acute coronary syndrome drug class share (in percentage) distribution in 2019, and how would it look in 2032?
- What would be the acute coronary syndrome total market size and market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019–2032)?
- What are the key findings of the market across the 7MM, and which country will have the largest acute coronary syndrome market size during the forecast period (2019–2032)
- How would the unmet needs affect the acute coronary syndrome market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
Acute Coronary Syndrome Epidemiology Insights:
- What are the disease risk, burden, and regional/ethnic differences of acute coronary syndrome?
- What is the historical and forecasted acute coronary syndrome patient pool in the 7MM, and where can one observe the highest patient population and growth opportunities?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiology trends for the seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy) and the UK, and Japan?
- ent Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies
- What are the current treatment guidelines and treatment options, in addition to approved therapies for acute coronary syndrome in the US, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), mergers and acquisitions, and licensing activities related to acute coronary syndrome therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies being developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for acute coronary syndrome and its status, along with the challenges faced?
Reasons to Buy Acute Coronary Syndrome Market Report
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the acute coronary syndrome market
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for acute coronary syndrome in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market that will help devise strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors