Alcohol Use Disorder Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Alcohol Use Disorder–Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of Alcohol Use Disorder in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Alcohol Use Disorder market report provides analysis regarding current treatment practices, approved therapies including Acamprosate (Campral), Disulfiram (Antabuse) and Naltrexone (Revia), emerging drugs like Ibudilast, AD04, TNX-102 SL market share of the individual therapies, and historical, current and forecasted Alcohol Use Disorder market size from 2017 to 2030, segmented by seven major markets.
The report also covers current Alcohol Use Disorder treatment practice/algorithm, guidelines, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Alcohol Use Disorder– Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a chronic heritable brain disorder with a variable clinical presentation. This variability, or heterogeneity, in clinical presentation, suggests complex interactions between environmental and biological factors, resulting in the development and progression of AUD. Classifying AUD into subgroups of common clinical or pathological characteristics would ease the complexity of teasing apart underlying molecular mechanisms.
Alcohol use disorder is characterized by loss of control over alcohol drinking that is accompanied by changes in brain regions related to the execution of motivated behaviors and the control of stress and emotionality. Mechanisms of positive and negative reinforcement both play imperative roles with individual drinking behavior being maintained by positive reinforcement (rewarding and desirable effects of alcohol) and/or negative reinforcement mechanisms.
To diagnose individuals with AUD, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition utilizes 11 criteria of excessive alcohol use, alcohol abuse, and alcohol dependence. Under DSM–5, the current version of the DSM, anyone meeting any two of the 11 criteria during the same 12-month period, receives a diagnosis of AUD. The severity of AUD—mild, moderate, or severe is based on the number of criteria met.
A multidisciplinary treatment approach is usually followed internationally for the management of AUD, which primarily includes psychosocial treatments, behavioral interventions, and pharmacotherapies. Some patients respond to psychosocial interventions and others to medication therapy alone, but most patients benefit from a combination of these approaches.
This chapter covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available for the treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder. It also provides Alcohol Use Disorder treatment guidelines across the United States and Europe.
DelveInsight’s Alcohol Use Disorder market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease by including details such as disease definition, etiology, types, neurobiology, biomarkers and diagnosis. It also provides Alcohol Use Disorder treatment pattern and treatment guidelines in the US and Europe.
The Alcohol Use Disorder epidemiology chapters provide insights about historical and current Alcohol Use Disorder patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. Alcohol Use Disorder epidemiology is segmented by the diagnosed prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder, the gender-specific prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder, and diagnosed prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder by types. Besides, the report includes a thorough analysis of all segments.
According to DelveInsight’s, the total prevalent population of Alcohol Use Disorder in seven major markets was 25,774,817 in 2017. These cases are expected to increase with a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030).
Among all the seven major markets, total prevalent cases for Alcohol Use Disorder were highest in the United States, followed by Germany and France. Spain accounted for the least number of prevalent cases among the 7MM.
This segment encloses the detailed analysis of the drugs in the Alcohol Use Disorder pipeline. It also helps understand the Alcohol Use Disorder clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements of the included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
The current treatment options for AUD include medication-assisted treatment, behavioral interventions, detox and psychosocial assistance from rehab and support groups. The only pharmacotherapies currently approved by the FDA for the treatment of AUD are disulfiram (Antabuse), acamprosate, oral naltrexone, and extended-release injectable naltrexone (Vivitrol).
The market size of Alcohol Use Disorder is expected to increase at a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030). Among all the seven major markets, the United States accounted for the largest Alcohol Use Disorder market size. Among EU5 countries, Germany, in 2017, had the largest market size with USD 78.19 million, while Italy had the smallest market size of USD 9.29 million.
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs in the Alcohol Use Disorder market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Alcohol Use Disorder market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sale of each drug.
It helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size. All of which will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
The dynamics of AUD market is anticipated to experience a major positive shift in the coming years owing to the expected launch of AD04 (Adial Pharmaceuticals), Ibudilast (MediciNova) and TNX-102 SL (Tonix Pharmaceuticals)
Alcohol Use Disorder: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates and also analyses the key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities:
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing, patent details, and emerging therapies, concerning Alcohol Use Disorder
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Alcohol Use Disorder domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. It will support the clients in assessing potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We have performed the competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the Alcohol Use Disorder Market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. Besides, the inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
- In the coming years, Alcohol Use Disorder market scenario is expected to experience a positive shift across the 7MM due to a robust pipeline.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase II and Phase III), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Alcohol Use Disorder Report Insights:
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Alcohol Use Disorder Pipeline Analysis
- Alcohol Use Disorder Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Alcohol Use Disorder Report Key Strengths:
- 11 years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Alcohol Use Disorder Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Market Size by Therapies
- Drugs Uptake
Alcohol Use Disorder Report Assessment:
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Key Products and Key Players
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Alcohol Use Disorder market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Alcohol Use Disorder total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Alcohol Use Disorder market size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Alcohol Use Disorder market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Alcohol Use Disorder market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Alcohol Use Disorder market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Alcohol Use Disorder?
- What is the historical Alcohol Use Disorder patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Alcohol Use Disorder in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population pertaining to Alcohol Use Disorder?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Alcohol Use Disorder during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for Alcohol Use Disorder treatment, along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for Alcohol Use Disorder?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for Alcohol Use Disorder treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Alcohol Use Disorder therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Alcohol Use Disorder and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Alcohol Use Disorder?
- What is the global historical and forecasted market of Alcohol Use Disorder?
Reasons to buy:
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Alcohol Use Disorder market
- To understand the future market competition in the Alcohol Use Disorder market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Alcohol Use Disorder in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Alcohol Use Disorder market
- To understand the future market competition in the Alcohol Use Disorder market
Which geography accounted for the largest Alcohol Use Disorder market size?
The United States accounted for the largest Alcohol Use Disorder market size.
What is forecasted Alcohol Use Disorder size in 2030?
DelveInsight estimates an increase in Alcohol Use Disorder Market Size during the study period, 2017–2030
What are the present Alcohol Use Disorder market drivers?
Poor efficacy of the approved therapies, diagnostic criteria (DSM5), absence of effective therapies, early detection of disease
What are the Alcohol Use Disorder market barriers?
Access to treatment, gender-related barriers, pessimistic attitudes toward treatments, unawareness of the severity
How many companies are developing drugs for Alcohol Use Disorder?
Currently, three key pharma players are developing the drug for Alcohol Use Disorder
Which are the leading companies in Alcohol Use Disorder market?
Key Players – Adial Pharmaceuticals, MediciNova, Tonix Pharmaceuticals
How is epidemiology segmented for Alcohol Use Disorder?
Diagnosed prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder, gender-specific prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder, and diagnosed prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder by types