Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) is a substance use disorder, which is characterized by excessive, uncontrollable drinking that affects a person physically, emotionally, and socially. A person with AUD may experience withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, rapid heartbeat, hand tremors, problems sleeping, nausea and vomiting, hallucinations, restlessness and agitation, anxiety, and occasionally seizures.
The risk factors include trauma, bariatric surgery, mental health problems, starting drinking at an early age, steady drinking over time, social and cultural factors, and family history of AUD.
The current Alcohol Use Disorder treatment options include medication-assisted treatment, behavioral interventions, detox, and psychosocial assistance from rehab and support groups. The US FDA approved medication-assisted treatment contains acamprosate calcium (Campral), disulfiram (Antabuse), oral naltrexone (Revia), and extended-release injectable naltrexone (Vivitrol). Also, off label antidepressant is also prescribed.
Alcohol Use Disorder Epidemiological Segmentation
The Epidemiological Segmentation of Alcohol Use Disorder in 7MM from 2017 to 2030 is segmented as:-
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Gender-specific Prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder by Types
- The total Alcohol Use Disorder prevalent population in 7MM was 25,774,817 in 2017.
- The prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder in the United States was 20,215,289 in 2017.
The therapeutic market for Alcohol Use Disorder in 7MM in 2017 was USD 1,224.46 million.
Alcohol Use Disorder Market Drivers
- Poor efficacy of the approved therapies
- Absence of effective therapies
- Increasing treatment rates
Alcohol Use Disorder Market Barriers
- Access to treatment
- Gender-related barriers
- Pessimistic attitudes toward treatments
The emerging drugs of the Alcohol Use Disorder market are
And many others.
Alcohol Use Disorder Key Players
The key players in the Alcohol Use Disorder market are
- DuPont Pharmaceuticals
- Tonix Pharmaceuticals
And many others.
Map the latest updates on Alcohol Use Disorder market landscape through our blogs