Bone Metastasis In Solid Tumors Market Us
DelveInsight’s ‘Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of Bone Metastasis In Solid Tumors in the United States.
The Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market Size from 2018 to 2030 in the United States market. The report also covers the current Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities and assesses the underlying market potential.
Study Period: 2018–2030
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors: Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Overview
Metastases are defined as the process by which cancer cells leave the primary tumor, migrate, and implant into a distant organ, where they proliferate and form new tumor foci. Bone is one of the most common sites of distant metastases. Cancers most likely to spread to the bones are breast, prostate, lung, kidney, thyroid, multiple myeloma, and lymphoma. Almost 50–70% of those with advanced breast and prostate cancer have bone involvement. It causes significant morbidity and reduced quality of life.
The development of bone metastases can be considered in several stages: colonization, quiescence, progression, either locally leading to overt metastasis in bone or dissemination to another site. Pain is the most common symptom of bone metastases. Bone metastases can produce skeletal-related events (SREs), defined as pathological fracture, spinal cord compression, the need for bone irradiation or need for bone surgery, and hypercalcemia.
According to the primary mechanism of interference with normal bone remodeling, bone metastasis is classified as osteolytic, osteoblastic, or mixed lesions. When bone resorption mediated by osteoclasts dominates, as in many patients with lung cancer or multiple myeloma, focal bone destruction occurs, resulting in what is often described as ‘punched out’ lytic lesions. Conversely, in bone metastases characterized by increased osteoblast activity, such as in patients with prostate cancer, the metastatic bone appears as dense osteosclerotic lesions. Although one component may seem to predominate, both processes are usually accelerated within the bone metastasis, resulting in ‘mixed’ lesions in which both lytic and sclerotic components are visible.
The diagnosis is based on signs, symptoms, and imaging; it has major clinical consequences for the patient concerned and, therefore, a timely and definite diagnosis is crucial. The standard of care imaging methods for bone metastases detection includes plain X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scan, and radionuclide bone scintigraphy.
Although treatment of bone metastases is rarely curative, disease control is often possible for many years by using systemic anticancer treatments on a background of multidisciplinary supportive care. This care includes bone-targeted agents such as bisphosphonates or denosumab to inhibit tumor-associated osteolysis and prevent skeletal morbidity and the use of appropriate local treatments such as radiation therapy, orthopedic surgery, and specialist palliative care to minimize the impact of metastatic bone disease on physical functioning.
Bone metastases have an important impact on a patient’s quality of life so, new strategies are necessary to prevent skeletal disease and palliate established skeletal events. In addition, more studies are necessary to elucidate the interaction between the tumor cell and bone microenvironment to reach new therapeutic interventions.
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnoses available in the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market to treat the condition. It also provides the treatment guidelines and algorithms for the United States.
The DelveInsight Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market report gives a thorough understanding of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis.
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Epidemiology
The Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors epidemiology division provides insights into the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for the United States. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and trends, along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical and forecasted Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors epidemiology segmented as the Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors and Cases of Bone Metastasis by Solid Tumor type. The report includes the prevalent scenario of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors symptoms in the United States from 2018 to 2030.
United States Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors epidemiology data and findings across the United States.
The total diagnosed prevalent population of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors in the US was estimated to be 369,356 cases in 2020.
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors report encloses the detailed analysis of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III, Phase-II/III Phase-II, and Phase-I/II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Clinical management of patients with bone metastases focuses primarily on the palliation of pain, prevention of bone complications, and the maintenance of the quality of life. Bone-targeting agents (BTA) indicated to prevent SREs in patients with bone metastasis in the US include zoledronic acid and pamidronate disodium, both of which are intravenous bisphosphonates, and denosumab, a RANK ligand inhibitor. In addition, in May 2013, Bayer received approval for Xofigo from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC), symptomatic bone metastases, and no known visceral metastatic disease.
Products detail in the report…
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Emerging Drugs
Cabozantinib (Exelixis) is a potent, small-molecule inhibitor of tyrosine kinases involved in normal cellular function and pathologic processes, such as tumor growth, metastasis, and angiogenesis. It is the origin of two commercial products, Cabometyx and Cometriq. It is currently the subject of more than 100 ongoing and planned clinical trials being conducted by Exelixis, its development partners, and outside investigators. The drug is currently being evaluated in Phase II clinical trial to study its efficacy in combination with fulvestrant in patients (18 years and older) with metastatic hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer with involvement of the bone.
Products detail in the report…
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Market Outlook
The report’s outlook on the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market outlook builds a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need for the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market in the United States is expected to change in the study period 2018–2030.
Zoledronic acid, an IV-administered bisphosphonate, may be restricted by the prerequisite for IV access and administration, the potential for first-dose acute-phase reactions, and the need to observe renal function and adjust dosing in patients with renal impairment. In contrast, denosumab, administered as a subcutaneous injection, is not associated with renal toxicity and acute-phase reactions and does not require dose adjustment in patients with renal impairment. Besides, Xofigo (radium [Ra]-223 dichloride), targeted Alpha therapy, requires blood cell count monitoring at baseline and before each injection due to the risk of myelosuppression.
The head-to-head comparison of denosumab and zoledronic acid in breast cancer patients with bone metastasis did show a longer time to first skeletal-related event with denosumab, although overall survival, progression-free survival, and adverse events were similar between the arms. Additionally, in a cost analysis included in the ASCO/CCO guideline update, every-4-week denosumab was estimated to have an annual cost of more than 100 times that of every-12-week zoledronic acid, whose generic is available (taking into account only drug pricing).
This section includes a glimpse of the Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market in the US. The market size of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors in the United States markets was found to be USD 1,713.6 million in 2020.
The United States: Market Outlook
This section provides the total Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market size and market Size of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors by therapies in the United States.
Xofigo, an FDA-approved radionuclide, is a systemic treatment targeting cancer cells in the bone. It has demonstrated efficacy in treating prostate cancer and bone metastases patients but is usually introduced into the patient’s treatment plan after symptomatic disease. These symptoms are often painful, and the metastases can be difficult to treat at this stage. Moving radium-223 up in the treatment paradigm for these patients could provide better outcomes and longer survival.
Due to significant improvements in current therapies (Xgeva and Bisphosphonates), the life expectancy of cancer patients with bone metastases has dramatically improved. Unfortunately, many of these patients experience skeletal complications that significantly impair their quality of life. In addition, inconvenience and lengthy administration with the current standard of care often limit patient adherence. However, considering the overall benefits provided, Xgeva remains a current market leader.
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase III, Phase II/III, Phase II, and Phase I/II stage. It also analyses Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Exelixis, Actuate Therapeutics, and others, whose key products are expected to get launched in the US market by 20XX.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers collaborations, acquisition, merger, licensing, and patent details for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors emerging therapies.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinions working in the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors epidemiology and treatment in the United States.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will impact the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market, historical and forecasted, is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the United States.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market.
- In the coming years, the Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to developing novel therapeutics for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competitor, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Pipeline Analysis
- Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Report Key Strengths
- 10-years Forecast
- US Coverage
- Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Competitors
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors Market share (%) distribution in 2018, and how would it look in 2030?
- What would be the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors total market Size and market Size by therapies in the United States during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across the United States during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market is expected to grow in the United States during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market outlook across the United States during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
- What would be the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
- What is the historical Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors patient pool in the United States?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors in the United States?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the US with respect to the patient population pertaining to Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
- At what CAGR is the population expected to grow in the US during the forecast period (2018–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for treating Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors in the US?
- What is the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors and their status?
- What key designations have been granted for the emerging therapies for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market
- To understand the future market competition in the Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market and an Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Bone Metastasis in Solid Tumors in the United States.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Bone Metastasis in the Solid Tumors market.